New Enlgand Patriots-Best of All Time?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

The Redskins were 4-2 going into yesterday's game. They got handled, dog. The Patriots are that good. Yeah, they play in a weak division....but that's not their fault. What else do the Patriots have to do to prove to you Patriot haters that they are the best team in football (possibly in football history)? Obviously blowing out teams by an average of 26 points per game isn't enough. If they go 19-0 and blow an NFC team out in the Superbowl....will that be good enough for you? Stay tuned b/c it's probably gonna happen.

Oh, and if you want to make some money this weekend, take the Pats -4. That's easy money.:thumb:

2. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

The Patriots are like the '95 Nebraska Cornhuskers....is that right? That is the team that destroyed Florida to win the NC.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I;m not ready to crown them the best of all time yet. The NFL has a funny way of humbling teams quickly. Remember the '04 Colts team that was blowing every one out by 21 or more. Lost in the divisional round of the playoffs. Remember the '98 Culpepper-Carter-Moss Vikings that went 14-1 in the regular season? Lost in the NFC championship game to the Falcons.

I will say that this NE team plays way better defense than the 2 examples above, so they have the best shot at being the greatest. I'd love to see this version of the team against the 88-89 49ers. Or the '85 Bears (Offense versus Defense).

4. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

Im not saying they arent for real, they're the best team in the country right now, and possibly the best in history. I just want to see them in a close game or against a team almost as good as they are, and that's the colts. They win this one, they're the best in the country. They win it in impressive fashion (almost a blow out), I'll give it to them as the best in the history of professional football. One of the main reasons they are this good is Randy Moss, he's almost always double teamed and sometimes triple teamed, which really opens up the game for the other talented WRs and the RBs. And even when the guys who are supposed to be open are not, just throw it to triple covered Randy Moss who will get it and score a TD.

5. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

Restart this thread after the Super Bowl if applicable.:)

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

No need to. I started this thread so early so I could tell people like you "told ya so!":grin:

7. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

You're still in the running. :) That was one hell of a game. Both teams played their butts off. Brady and his bunch made the plays in the 4th quarter to earn the victory. I'll be honest and tell you when Indy went up 10 in the 3rd I thought I would be typing a different post but in the end the best team won.:thumb:

8. "Hurricane"

hats off to the pats, they played a good game. Im still convinced the colts can beat them anyday of the week though. The only thing I can confidently say is Moss is possibly the best player regardless of position to EVER play the game. He's a one man show, and without him, this game would have not been close. MVP of the game? No, that has to go to my boy Addai.:wave:

9. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

Here's something impressive. The Pats will clinch their division with just 2 more wins provided the Bills can beat the Dolphins this week. If the Bills lose they can clinch with a win over Buffalo after the bye. When was the last time you saw a team clinch with 5 or 6 games left?

10. "Hurricane"

Didnt the Colts go 12-0 a couple of seasons ago?