New Enlgand Patriots-Best of All Time?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 22, 2007.

1. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

Yes but did they clinch their division at that point? They finished the season 14-2 and Jacksonville finished 12-4.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Where are you Colts people now? Colts aren't even in the same league as the Patriots.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I would say pretty much whipping the best of all time for 3 qtrs plus puts them within, "the same league." :yelwink2:

4. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

That's funny, I thought the Colts beat the crap out of New England for 52 minutes. Plus, the colts overcame all the injuries, 3 out of 4 starting receivers were injured, they were playing with a third string left tackle, a second string right tackle and guard and still had a chance to win the game with a field goal I could've made, it says something about this team. The line of scrimmage was controlled by San Diego, there was horrible pass protection and there were no holes to run through. When Addai stays for pass protection from the shotgun most of the game, it indicates that there is something seriously wrong with the protection. The receivers ran horrible routes, didnt catch the ball, and Peyton Manning tried too hard to make plays that he made it even worse.

5. Cajun Sensation

You are making my arguement even easier.:thumb:

Patriots are better. They are undefeated. Colts have 2 losses. 'Nuff said.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Hey nuff said boy...

your argument was if the Patriots are the best of all time. :lol:

7. Cajun Sensation

Settle down, TigerBait. Let the season play out and then give me my props.:grin:

1 person likes this.
  8. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

My argument is the colts are not playing as they should because of injuries. Despite an injury to Marvin Harrison and Tony Ugoh, the colts were able to dominate the Patriots for 52 minutes. What makes you think they cant beat them in the playoffs with a healthy team?
    Patriots - best of all time? We'll see. Until they finish undefeated and win the superbowl, you cant really tell.

9. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Contenders for best ever in the NFL:

1960'S, Packers, won 2 straight NFL titles just prior to the Super Bowl starting, then won the first 2 super bowls, so they won 4 straight titles. They were pretty good. Taylor, Hornung, Starr, Dowler, MaGee, Nitsche, Karras, they had a ton of great players. They were close for 2 years before they won their first title.

1970's, Steelers, won 4 Super Bowls. Bradshaw, Franco, Rocky, Swan, Stallworth, Mean Joe Green, Jack Lambert, Jack Ham, they put a ton of guys in the Hall of Fame.

1980' Forty Niners won 4 Super Bowls. Montana, Rice, Ronnie Lott (my favorite NFL safety, I hope Landry passes him, but it will take some doing).

1990's Cowboys, 3 Super Bowls. Aikman, Irvin, Smith.

2000's New England. Brady.

Who was most dominant? Hard to say, but maybe the Packers. They are the only ones who won 4 championships in a row, with basically the same guys, as there was no free agency yet.

The Steelers probably have the most players in the hall of fame. Seems like most of their defense made it.

You could make a case for them all, I'd go Steelers of the 1970's.

10. Cajun Sensation

Brady and Moss are putting on a clinic on NBC right now.........wait a second...oh, this is the Sunday Night game. Brady has thrown 4 TD's to Moss....and it's just halftime.

It really does look like they are doing this almost effortlessly.