New Enlgand Patriots-Best of All Time?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 22, 2007.

1. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

I'd have to say that New England is making a pretty strong case this season so far. They are simply embarrasing every team they play. That's got to count for something when you factor in the parity of the NFL. Question is, can they complete the perfect season?

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

New England is averaging 41 ppg. I honestly think that it could be much more than that. Their opponents average 15.7 points against the Patriots this season. That means that they are beating their opponents by an average of over 25 ppg. That's more than 3 Td's and a field goal! And that's in the parity driven NFL. That's crazy.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I was complaining about the Patriots with a Bills fan on Saturday night. It's strange how they're causing the most unholy of alliances. :hihi: His best quote was, "OK, fine, we get it. You're really good. Now just stop already." :rofl: And that was BEFORE last night's game.

The ONLY thing that makes that team even the least bit likable is Moss. I think that's only because I've always liked him as a person and was waiting for him to come back to the top of the league.

The rest can rot in their "feel-good Bruschi/Vrabel stories, yet trying to be the bad guy" stew.

4. Cajun Sensation

Where da haters at? :)

5. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

You're still in the running. I got a funny feeling you will be telling me I told you so. :lol:

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If this team goes 19-0, yes they should be christened the best team of all time.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You wanted them, you got them. I can't put my finger on the reason, but I can't stand New England. I always root for them to lose and that's strange since they're known in these parts as LSU North. Maybe it's the Hoodie.

My hope though is that they go undefeated through the regular season and playoffs, then lose the Super Bowl. I'll take undefeated in the regular season, then losing at home in the playoffs as a close second.

8. Cajun Sensation

You think Tom Brady's hot don't you?

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Belichick and Saban are cut from the same cloth. This might be why some hate Belichick. He has not much of a personality, he's smug, he's arrogant, and he is successful.

I respect what they are doing as something we thought we would never see again in this age of parody and free agency, and that is a dynasty. This team really should be going for their 5th SB in 7 years, not their 4th. A 21-3 lead going into the half should have been enough to get them to the Chicago Bears demolition game.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You're the one drooling over him/them being 'the best of all time'. Don't try to twist your man-crushes into being about me. :wave:

1 person likes this.