New Enlgand Patriots-Best of All Time?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 22, 2007.

1. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

you're making it sound like they just blew out everyone. This patriot team could've easily had 3-4 regular season losses (games like against the Giants, the Colts, the Ravens, the Eagles). Im not discrediting them for what they've accomplished, which is nothing SHORT of amazing, but they were way too lucky. Plus they had six cupcake games on their schedule because their conference was downright PATHETIC this year. The Colts could've beat them on a head to head match in the playoffs, except they weren't lucky enough to win against the Chargers (both games, if you've seen them). Good luck to New England but I'll be rooting for the Giants on Sunday.

2. "Hurricane"

If you've seen the game, you wouldnt have said that.

EDIT: There you go, his stats from the game.
    33-48, 402 yds, 3 TDs, 2 INTs
    One of the INT's came from a dump off pass to the backup RB inside the 10, who flipped the ball in the air just like the one Brandon LaFell had in the Auburn game.

3. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

For those of you who are not believers (initially I wasn't either) of what New England has done this year, think abou this:
    1. They have already done something no one else in the history of the NFL has ever done, 18-0.
    2. Only once in the history of the NFL has a team gone undefeated through the championship game. You all know who that is. They ended up 17-0. The Pats have an opportunity to go 19-0.
    3. They are only the 4th team in the history of the NFL to be going into the championship game undefeated.

I am only a Pat fan in the sense they have some former Tigers playing for them. I have pulled against the Pats in every game they have played this year. I will be pulling for the Giants. I acknowledge I am a huge Colts fan.

It's hard to call any team the best of all time because of the variables involved from one era to another, but it is very easy to say right now the Pats will go down easily as the best team of their era. Even if they go 18-1.
    Thats my opinion.:)

1 person likes this.
  4. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

I would'nt say they are the best of all time simply because I don't think their defense is all that great.

1 person likes this.
  5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You my dog and all CS, but you gotta own this. Karma got that best of you.

1 person likes this.
  6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Nope. Not even the best team of the 2007 NFL season.

That would be the New York Giants.

1 person likes this.
  7. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

I knew someone would bump this!

I have to say that I find it incredibly satisfying that the Patriots were undefeated coming into this. I just don't like them, and thought I didn't like the Giants either, until tonight :grin:.

8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Go bless yourselves.

1 person likes this.
  9. "Hurricane"

:lol:

1 person likes this.
  10. clair

clair Rockets

No way in hell.

The best ever can't be a team who wasn't the best in the NFL in their given season.

that's as absurd as a team not winning their division in the SEC claiming they should be in the title game. :grin: