New Gun Control Proposal

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

if your rights were actually under assault I could understand you making this statement....but please tell me which of your inalienable rights are under assault?

2. Tiger in NC

you didn't even directly respond to him. you took a sensible statement and used it to justify this drivel that you peddle as a political stance, dude. you probably consider me completely liberal even though I am not and I bet I have more guns in my home than you do. for that matter, I know people who truly are very liberal and they have guns too. so stop acting like you are Bear Gryllis living in the Alaskan wilderness, preaching about who your going to shoot and with what weapon.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Again, in the hypothetical world this letter alludes to, government has just revoked the second amendment and is actively seizing guns. Armed resistance is necessary to such tyrannical acts.

4. LSUsupaFan

Pay attention to the context. It is important. The notion of fighting for rights when they are threatened or taken away is a defensible one.

5. Tiger in NC

No, you answer my question. Which of your rights are being taken from you?

I don't need you to tell me to pay attention. I need you to explain the statement that you made. This is more important because I am so sick of listening to conservatives crying about their rights being taken away and I've yet to see one single right that's been taken from you. So, for the love of God, tell me which of your rights have been taken away?

6. Tiger in NC

lately it's a little hard to tell the difference

7. Tiger in NC

but this is the problem.....the government has not, in any shape, form or fashion, even hinted that they are going to take people's guns away; it's an invention of the right and has no basis in fact whatsoever.

what tyrannical acts are you even talking about?

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

this is crazy. if the gov bans assault rifles, it is legal and constitutional until proven otherwise. people cant rightly or legally claim rights and shoot people in the face.

9. LSUsupaFan

Again, do you not understand the context? It is critical. Under a scenario where the government begnis confiscating guns it is the duty of the citzenry to resist these efforts. The fact that there is zero chance of such liberty destroying measures being taken does not matter. We are speaking in hypothets.

10. Tiger in NC

No, let's not mistake hypothesis with plain old crazy ass conspiracy theory. The person who penned these letters isn't referring to a hypothetical situation, they are referring to what they believe to be the truth: that the government is coming after their guns. And let's be honest, this is the story that is being perpetrated by conservatives right now and it's a blatant lie. Not one single piece of legislation has been proposed that would hinder anyone's second amendment rights......including the most recent one. You have never struck me as the kind to chase down conspiracy theories, Supa, but it sure as hell sounds like you are defending the practice now.

Sure, the dude who wrote this is fucking crazy. And I'll even grant you that crazy isn't particular to political party because both sides definitely have their whack jobs. That said, when politicians from the right make a complete lie a hallmark of their platform (that the 2nd amendment is under assault) it does nothing to tamp down the crazy people who are out there and listening. The same could be said if someone from the left were using inflammatory language regarding an issue that is near and dear to the liberal heart.