new guy with a ?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by whyamiintexas, Oct 1, 2003.

1. whyamiintexas

whyamiintexas Freshman

I'm new, don't know much about LSU and its traditions. Came to this board to find out more after watching you guys beat Georgia (which I loved!) and MSU. My question for you all is, who is LSU's biggest rival? or rivals? Sorry if this is kinda silly, but fairly new to the SEC and don't really know those things. I have Big 12 shoved down my throat here in Texas. Gawd I hate it and the Univ of Texas.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you hate the Horns you will be more than welcome here Pal.
    LSU dosen't have a real instate rivalry in the SEC. Right now most Tiger fans consider Auburn our biggest rival but Alabama will always be Auburns biggest rival. At this point in time our biggest rival is the next SEC team on the schedule - next week Florida. Since LSU and Arkansas play every year on the Friday before Thanksgiving and the Pigs don't have an instate SEC rival either there is a rivalry building there. The last few years the home team has won and this year we play the Prisonbacks in Baton Rouge.

As far as LSU traditions go it is an old custom that a new member on this forum send a case of beer to the first person who responds to your first post.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

3. ramah

ramah Founding Member

And a sixpack to the second ... air mailed to Saudi

4. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Say it with me.....Jason Campbell sucks.....Tommy Tubberville sucks.....ok, good.

5. Tigerdog007

Tigerdog007 Founding Member

Say it with me.....Jason Campbell sucks.....Tommy Tubberville sucks.....ok, good.

HOLY COW I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH SOUTHLINK......IS IT SNOWING IN HELL.....J/K

6. Geauxld Member

Geauxld Member Founding Member

Hi Tiger Dog,
    This is my favorite website of tiger traditions, talks about fans, traditions, chinese bandits ect...
    http://www.nicksaban.net

7. terry cox

terry cox Founding Member

I liked the site which Geauxld Member suggested. There are other traditions which also come to mind. What about wearing white jerseys at home? What other can we think of?

8. Tigerdog007

Tigerdog007 Founding Member

getting very very very drunk at football games...

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Agreeing with Bengal B, our biggest rival is probably Auburn. The SEC has been trying to build a rivalry between Arky and LSU, but it just doesn't seem to want to gel. The "Battle for the Boot," some meaningless trophy made up of La and Ark together somewhat resembling a thigh-high stripper boot from the 80's, doesn't seem like much of a reward for winning this so-called rivalry game.

Maybe its just that Arky's football team doesn't seem that storied, LSU/Arky don't have much of a history before Arky joined the SEC, or some other reason.

Once LSU got off the snide with UF, it looked like there could be some fire building there. Of course the ole ball coach left, UF fizzled, and everyone hates UF (or Spurrier). So maybe that's just hatred more than rivalry, IMO.