New Joke Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by red55, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They probably had to send somebody out to a thrift shop to look for one

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Actually they included a cartridge and needle and a picture of how to use them to read the disk. You can see and hear what was on the disk HERE.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

At least they didn't put it on 8 track tapes

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Hate being the old guy, but I remember the debates over the content of the disk. They don't resonate with me, other than I think the quasar.

5. HalloweenRun

A ragged old derelict shuffled into a down-and-dirty bar. Stinking of
    whiskey and cigarettes, his hands shook as he took the "Piano Player Wanted"sign from the window and handed it to the bartender.

"I'd like to apply for the job," he said. "I was an F-4 Pilot, flying off
    carriers back in 'Nam, but when they retired the Phantom, all the thrill was gone, and soon they cashed me in as well. I learned to play the piano at Officer's Club happy hours, so here I am."

The barkeep wasn't too sure about this doubtful looking old guy, but it had been quite a while since he had a piano player and business was falling off, so, why not give him a try.

The seedy old pilot staggered his way over to the piano while several
    patrons snickered. By the time he was into his third bar of music, every voice was silenced.

What followed was a rhapsody of soaring music unlike anything heard in the bar before. When he finished there wasn't a dry eye in the place. The bartender took the old fighter pilot a beer and asked him the name of the song he had just played.

It's called, "Drop your Skivvies, Baby, I'm Going Balls To The Wall For
    You," he said. After a long pull from the beer, leaving it empty, he said,
    "I wrote it myself."

The bartender and the crowd winced at the title, but the piano player just went on into a knee-slapping, hand-clapping bit of ragtime that had the place jumping. After he finished, the fighter pilot acknowledged the applause, downed a second proffered mug, and told the crowd the song was called, "Big Boobs Make My Afterburner Light."

He then launched into another mesmerizing song and everyone in the room was enthralled. He announced that it was the latest rendition of his song, "Spread 'em Baby, It's Foggy Out Tonight and I Need To See The Centerline".

He excused himself and headed for the john.

When he came out the bartender went over to him and said, "Hey, fly boy, the job is yours; but, do you know your fly is open and your pecker is hanging out?"

"Know it", the old fighter pilot replied, "Hell, I wrote it."

shane0911, b_leblanc and LSUDad like this.
  6. HalloweenRun

MIXED EMOTIONS

[​IMG]

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

One night, a private Lear Jet was flying somewhere above New Jersey. There were five people on board: the pilot, Michael Jordan, Bill Gates, the Dali Lama, and a hippie. Suddenly, an illegal oxygen generator exploded loudly in the luggage compartment, and the passenger cabin began to fill with smoke. The cockpit door opened, and the pilot burst into the compartment.

"Gentlemen," he began, "I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that we're about to crash in New Jersey. The good news is that there are four parachutes, and I have one of them!" With that, the pilot threw open the door and jumped from the plane.

Michael Jordan was on his feet in a flash. "Gentlemen," he said, "I am the world's greatest athlete. The world needs great athletes. I think the world's greatest athlete should have a parachute!" With these words, he grabbed one of the remaining parachutes, and hurtled through the door and into the night.

Bill Gates rose and said, "Gentlemen, I am the world's smartest man. The world needs smart men. I think the world's smartest man should have a parachute, too." He grabbed one, and out he jumped. The Dali Lama and the hippie looked at one another. Finally, the Dali Lama spoke. "My son," he said, "I have lived a satisfying life and have known the bliss of True Enlightenment. You have your life ahead of you; you take a parachute, and I will go down with the plane."

The hippie smiled and said, "Hey, don't worry, pop. The world's smartest man just jumped out wearing my backpack."

8. HalloweenRun

A man went to church one day and afterward he stopped to shake the preacher's hand. He said, 'Preacher, I’ll tell you, that was a damned fine sermon. Damned good!'

The preacher said, 'Thank you sir, but I'd rather you didn't use profanity.'

The man said, 'I was so damned impressed with that sermon I put five thousand dollars in the offering plate!'

The preacher said, 'No shit?'

titoabad1 and b_leblanc like this.
  9. HalloweenRun

Bob, a 70-year-old, extremely wealthy widower, shows up at the Country Club with a breathtakingly beautiful and very sexy 25-year-old blonde-haired woman who knocks everyone's socks off with her youthful sex appeal and charm and who hangs over Bob’s arm and listens intently to his every word.

His buddies at the club are all aghast. At the very first chance, they corner him and ask, 'Bob, how’d you get the trophy girlfriend?'

Bob replies, ‘Girlfriend? She's my wife!'

They are knocked over, but continue to ask. 'So, how'd you persuade her to marry you?'

'I lied about my age,' Bob replies.

'What, did you tell her you were only 50?'

Bob smiles and says, 'No, I told her I was 90.'

10. HalloweenRun

One night, an 87-year-old woman came home from Bingo to find her
    92-year-old husband in bed with another woman. She became violent and ended up pushing him off the balcony of their 20th floor apartment, killing him instantly. Brought before the court on the charge of murder, she was asked if she had anything to say in her own defense.

‘Your Honor,' she began coolly, 'I figured that at 92, if he could screw, he could fly.'

LSUDad likes this.