New Member!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gerryv, Jun 15, 2005.

1. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Ahh, the joys of satelite radio...

Who? The New Orleans what? Is that two or four lane?

2. purplejoe

purplejoe Founding Member

Well Scrap man,

I have to tell you that I enjoy your show. But you know that. I also love the Herd as well. But Buddy is starting to grow on me and I see why the people love him so much. Basically he's the man. Sorry dude

3. ATL_Tigah

ATL_Tigah Founding Member

Can I ask one thing of you Scrappy? If you are not a diehard, why do you have over 700 posts on a forum page dedicated to any and everything about LSU? This place is a home to more 'diehards' than you have posts. I know that I am falling in your trap of actually responding to one of your 'objective' posts, but seriously, get on with your life man, and leave us diehards alone to talk about our one love ..... L-S-U!

:geauxtige

4. purplejoe

purplejoe Founding Member

I think thats a lil far fetched ATL. I know the guy isnt a "diehard" but he makes a lot of good posts about the Tigers. I have no problem with him voicing his opinions. He has a pretty good show and is a pretty good guy so why not? I dont think we as tigers should shun someone who is being objective and is a casual fan. I mean I'd rather talk to Buddy when it comes to LSU, but i have no problem with him. Buddy is growing on me man. I used to hate him but he's got some awesome guests, awesome callers and he just dominates this town....:geauxtige

5. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I also think Kaare is okay. Not great, not terrible, just okay.

The haters will always call him out because they think he got his gig because of his dad (partially true, I'm sure) but, c'mon, Kaare is pretty much up on things and does a decent job.

6. BB

BB Founding Member

First off, time spent doing anything equals importance of opinion; we call it credibility.

Personally, I enjoy different people and the opportunity to interact with all kids of folks is the most enjoyable aspect of this site. That being said, it's not every day that you get the opportunity to directly express your opinion about someone or something in the journalism / entertainment arena. This guy showed up and a red flag went off in my mental "Jackass Dolts To Lambaste If I Ever Get The Chance" database - I had him filed between Jane Fonda and Vin Diesel.

If you don't reach out and tell people how much they rock or suck they may never figure it out. I was simply trying to help the guy understand how awful he is and how his radio show reminds me of a violent mixture of Blues Clues and a Root Canal set to salsa music. Now I can scratch him off my list and move on. Next stop Alec Baldwin...

7. jrltiger

jrltiger Founding Member

I personally can't stand Kaare. He doesn't come across as being very knowledgeable to me. He gets too personal with callers, such as talking about their name for 30 seconds, calling them jerks, and stuff like that. I just don't like it. Then, the worst sin of all, THE CELLULAR DEVICE. I want to kill someone everytime I hear that. It makes me cringe just thinking about hearing it.

BTW, for scrappy, gerryv, and whoever else is a radio host, that is something I would love to do when I get into the job world. I'm only a junior in high school, but love writing and talking about sports, is there any advice you can give me to help me out in a possible broadcasting/journalism career? Any help would be great.

8. gerryv

gerryv Freshman

nice to see the number of posts increase on this "new member" topic....
    l meant it when i said you don't have to listen.......and no i am not sorry about the floyd issue( its old news)...he was not a scheduled guest he called on his own.....several people in the business called off the air and said how poorly he acted......plus he very well knows how he treated media...

i do not nor do i plan to make you happy everyday ....what you hear and read is what you get.....we're not about your happy button........

now i must go ..my shrink says they have to lock me up again!!!!! yikes!! here comes the net!!!!

jes i need help don't I ????...mommy !!!!!:hihi:

9. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Yet others continue to laugh at how he made a riot of your comments on the air. :hihi: