New Member!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gerryv, Jun 15, 2005.

1. gerryv

gerryv Freshman

feelings are not hurt... never were hurt!!! i love your spirit!!!! GV

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

We believe in "Toughlove" around here. Welcome aboard.

By the way, I also think that you didn't treat Tim Floyd fairly.

3. gerryv

gerryv Freshman

i plugged your site on the show!!!! hows 'dat oh great ones...and as far as tim floyd is concerned......he deserved it as he conducted himself poorly calling as a regular caller and not a scheduled guest.......his past history with media is well known.....it is of the opinion of many that heard the bit that it was well deserved......just because a guy is a coach he doesn't get away with treating the media poorly.......however i respect your opinion GV

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

The trick is to be edgy and bold, but not disrespectful and rude, I guess.

Here's a question for you, GV, which Major League Baseball team should native New Orleanians root for? What's your opinion?

5. col reb

col reb Founding Member

You're welcome!!

6. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

Well I enjoy the show for the most part. It is better than listening to 870am (all sucky Saints all the time). Sure GerryV is "edgy" and pushes some buttons but at least he appears to want to learn more about LSU and talk more about LSU. Maybe by "plugging" the show he would like more LSU callers. Is it really necessary for some of you to act like jackasses? Whenever a local sportscaster's name is brought up they all get completely hammered. Yes they all suck and people would just love you all the time if you were in that role. Welcome aboard GerryV.

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

GerryV, you actually say (with a brain that is working, I assume) that Floyd should have won the NBA Title with his team.....when in reality there were arguably 6-7 much better teams AT LEAST.

Then wonder why he treats the media unfair?

Good lord, get a clue.

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I still find it hard to believe that this guy is really Gerry V. It doesnt make sense. But, if it is and he plugged the site then its good. I try to mention the site when I can. Hell I'll make it a point to say hello to the best damn LSU site on the net.

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Guys, I am a member of Saintsreport.com (as is Gerry V), and I can assure you he'll bring much to the site.

10. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

I definitely think it is him. The words he used are exactly how he "talks". He has said many of the same things from this thread verbatim on his show. Again the LSU talk on his show has gone up over the last few weeks and I think he is trying to find out more and more about our teams, opinions, traditions, etc. There is a big market for LSU talk in New Orleans but it has been largely ignored in the past and instead you get all night yearlong talk about the Saints.