New names on the LSU Roster now

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Jul 10, 2006.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Hopefully at the end of August, we'll see the name of one of our fellow forum members on that roster!

2. Broke

Broke Founding Member

Now that's just wrong. Throwing the bait out huh? OK I'll bite, WHO? Is it RedElephants?

3. LSUGradin99

Wasn't meant to be like that. Veritas is supposed to be trying to walk on to the team. His name is Mark Davis. He's made posts about it.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Good luck to the young man. One of my friends was a walk on center and another a LB back in the mid 70's and they got the snoot beat out lof them, especially Danny, who played center. and LSU didn't have near the beasts they have now.

5. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

It seems great to run through the tunnel on home games and to be a part of the football team, but a lot of walk ons don't understand the punishment they are getting themselves into. The conditioning is hell, all the workouts, and attempting to bring down 250 pounders that are all muscle who can run like 4.5s. Everyone is trying to earn playing time so there is no letting up to these guys. I also had a friend who tried to walk on at Georgia in 03'. He said it wasn't worth being the teams punching bag so he quit out after a month of it.

6. LSUGradin99

I believe Veritas has a shot. He's coming off a state championship team where he played a key role. He helped to defend against one of the nation's best receivers during their championship run. I believe he's also a decent kicker.

7. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

why is kyelvin shepperd #11 when thats what perriloux is gonna be for a couple more years. i ges if he pans out hell have to have a diff number.

good luck to veritas. id love to walk on to the LSU roster but unless i get a lot bigger in the next couple years, it would likely be a decision i would regret long term. those guys are just so big but walking on would be something to be extremely proud of it. kevin steltz got started that way!(hes also one of the strongest players weve ever had0

8. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Players can have the same number as long as they aren't on the field at the same time. You'll find that it's not uncommen for offensive and defensive players to have the same numbers. As a LB Shepperd will hopefully never be on the field at the same time as RP.

9. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

oh, i thot there was something like that. was shepperd the "other" #11 last year? i remember there was another #8 to jack hunt in 03. i thot jack was warming up as receiver at first lol

10. LSUGradin99

If you watch the '03 national championship game, you can see an example of this. They were talking about Corey Webster and then the camera showed #13 on the sidelines. Except it was not Corey, it was another #13 on the team.

Also, E.J. Kuale was #2 for a while and of course Shyrone Carey was #2 at the time as well.