New NFL policy...

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by stevescookin, May 25, 2018.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Should be automatically awarding the Lombardi trophy to the Saints when they beat the Falcants in the NFC championship to get to the super bowl in New Orleans !!

Yes Indeed !!!

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

You should have posted this in the day drinking thread.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Put Calvin in a Saints uniform and I like it.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

So I guess you're boycotting the NFL too? Where does everyone else come out on this? I know a lot of people are still pissed over the kneeling when playing the anthem and vowed not to watch anymore. I guess I'm in the minority, but I am a vet and I vehemently disagree with those doing it, but just like I bleed purple and gold, I was born into a family, immediate and extended, of diehard Saints fans, so it's more to me than just watching a football game. It's hard to explain, but being a Saints fan is kind of engrained in me and it's not something I can just switch off. As such, I refuse to let a few douchebags rob me of the enjoyment I get from watching my team play on Sunday. Might not be the popular opinion, but there it is.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@fanatic Some will call me a hypocrite, because I hate the protests, but I'll be watching. I'll accept whatever "they" think about me; to my way of thinking, my deciding to watch is because I decided some years ago not to be a hypocrite. Here's my way of thinking: while I think its great that Drew Brees, for example, is an outstanding citizen, its not why I watch him on Sunday. I watch him because I find the way he plays football to be entertaining, and I want to watch him lead the Saints to victory. I don't ask or expect athletes to be my role models, so why should I project my personal values on them? All I want from them is entertaining football. And the games will go on whether I watch or not; my personal stance will not affect them. If the Saints suddenly decided to sign Colin the un-American piece of shit Kaepernick, I'd watch, probably choking down bile the whole time, but I'd watch.

tirk and fanatic like this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Do yall really give a shit what others think about you watching a gd NFL game. Is that what its come to. Who gives a flying fuck. In fact Id watch because its not politically correct. Lifes too short to care what most think. Im surely gonna be watching as I love the nfl same as I did growing up. And the saints dont completely suck so thats a bonus.

We are descendants of dissidents who risked everything to find better lands. Is this what we've evolved into. Im being dramatic for effect. We are better off not even having this discussion. the fact anyone even considers any of this nonsense as affecting their choices is ridiculous.
    this goes for you too.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If tiga and his Bunkiemen don't watch because the NFL is nothing but a bunch of gawdamn commie queers its their loss.

Anerica has spoken and the NFL owners have listened. I love it that Kaepernick and even Reid have made themselves unemployable. Let the games begin.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You calling me out? I think we're in agreement.

10. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I have no problem watching the nfl, and I’m not going to stop watching the Saints play because it hurts peoples feelings who are mad at other people with hurt feelings.

ParadiseiNC likes this.