New OC Thread...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by phi1514, Nov 28, 2009.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I stopped reading right here because this short list of people hardly qualifies the LSU offense with being "loaded with seniors". If you can't that much right, why bother reading the rest?

Inexperience at QB and lack of execution on the O-Line has killed the team this year and I place far more blame on the O-Line. LSU loses the Left Guard and Center and now we don't have any holes for RB's to run through and we get dominated by three and four man pass rushes from WAC defenses?

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Gary Crowton runs the spread. We are not.

Just saying.

3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

don't want houston's oc, he's a texas tech guy and that offense won't compliment chavis well.

would like kragthorpe. i guess, harsin's not bad either.

i think those of you who think norm chow will come here are the same people who think we can get gruden and shanahan as a head coach.

4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

What exactly does this mean?

They really do not have anything to do with each other.

5. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Every team has to replace players at key positions... I hate to tell you but every position is a key position. LSU is very very very heavy on experience and seniors on the offense. I mean if you are saying that this year, you are going to say it next year because why? They in fact do lose a whole bunch of seniors... JUST LIKE EVERY TEAM DOES.

LSU is not playing with Freshmen and Sophomores.... virtually all the players are at least 3 year guys. How do you think you get that experience. The offense is virtually unchanged from last year if you ask me.

Crowton is a DS, end of story, the play calling is horrid.

Sorry but that Crowton with the Scott up the middle play stopped working last year after the 5th game.

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I mostly agree with this. However I am unable to rationalize Crowton's inability to use Shepard in an effective way. It's almost comical in a tragic sense. Kid's gonna get hurt. I also think crowton was a tad too predictable this season, even considering personnel handcuffs. Seemed like defenses were dialed in a lot. Hopefully another spring/summer of practice and study will fix some of that. With a solid QB and an open and imaginative playbook, LSU has the talent to be nasty good next year on both sides of the ball except maybe DL.

7. TwT

TwT Denham Springs High 85'

I am sorry and respect your thought but I dont agree with them, I must not have been watching the same games as you were, the games I seen was dumb play calling and offensive scheme that seemed like the opposing them was sent the playbook before the game, dumb calls like passing when they should run and running when they should pass, it took these kids about 10 game before they looked like they knew how to run the option play. He must teach the half talented teams better than the talented teams, when you coach a team loaded with 4-5 years of top recruiting classes and you are ranked 108th in the nation out of 120 teams something is wrong and kids come and go every year so if you can't coach new talent then he needs to find another profession.

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

chavis is a bend and don't break dc, coupling him with a quick strike oc means the defense is on the field too long.

we have kinda the same thing this year but crowton is a quick strike/no strike oc.

offense did a better job at staying on the field though last night.

9. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

This my take on GC, he over thinks and pulls off what is working.

He has the ability at LSU to out talent 80% of the teams we play. Meaning running over people. I want to see SEC power running period. Bring in the meat on the OL and power run.

I don't like no back 5 wr's sets as a norm. I want people to fear us running and playing us to stop our power. Everything else will work off this. Yes run to set up the pass. Play action which this QB does well.

We can run for 12 yards and blow people off the line and the next play is a empty back-field SKY WEST type set.

I hate it. This is not what I think of when I think of Big 10 Les Miles.

I want Les to find a guy that play calls closer to what Les is. Just be true to who you are because at the end of the day Les it all falls on your head.

:milesmic:

10. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Yes they did. It was good to meet you yesterday. Did the designated Bell Ringer ever get to work?:hihi: