New OC Thread...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by phi1514, Nov 28, 2009.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I feel the same way about Shepard. I'm just chalking it up to me being a fan and not having access to the conversations between Crowton, Miles and Shepard. I'm sure if they felt that Shepard gave them the best chance to win, their initial reaction wouldn't be to sit him so much.

Well, the biggest difference was that no one bothered him when he was the most successful. Crowton needs to be left alone, just like Pelini and Chavis were left alone. He is very good at what he does.

2. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

Charlie Weis wouldn't be a bad OC hire IMO. God knows he can't be a head coach, but he has shown himself to have productive offenses and to at least help develop qb's while at ND.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I don't know many situations where 10-3 gets you fired if your the OC.

1 person likes this.
  4. TheGimpLSU

TheGimpLSU Founding Member

As a Louisville alum and an LSU alum, the last thing I want is Steve Kragthorpe at LSU. Miles already has one failed former Louisville coach on staff (Ron Cooper), I dunno if I could handle another.

5. phi1514

phi1514 Founding Member

What is being said down in BR...does he stay or does he go? LSU can pick its offensive coordinator because if you succeed as an assistant at LSU, you move on to bigger and better things. Even dumb and dumber (Mallory and Peveto) got HC jobs.

6. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

I want Mark Whipple! :geauxtige

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Well, it's a rare situation, to be sure. There aren't many situations where you can be 112th or whatever in offense and get 9 or 10 wins. What this translates to is that we could be sitting at 12-0 or 11-1 right now with even an average offense. When the offensive coordinator is the only thing between you and the 'next level', then he must be replaced.

However, I'm almost certain that Miles shares your point of view all too well and won't be making any changes to that position.:bncry:

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

+1

9. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

I agree with this. With the talent we have it is inexcusable to be 109th in offense. It really is embarrassing. Additionally our O-line did us no favors to let the offense get anything done. I still say Crowten and Stud should be gone yesterday.

I would actually like to see Chow come down here a long shot as it might be. That would be interesting. :tigerhead

10. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

Being 109th (or whatever we are) in the NCAA in offense would fit that for me.