new ole miss mascot...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu nut, Oct 8, 2003.

1. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

have y'all seen the two they are choosing from. They should have stuck with Col. Reb. I saw it posted on another site but dont know how to post it here. Their choices make me feel better about our new logo though.

2. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

3. Uncle Gus

Uncle Gus Founding Member

Funny they both look like cast offs from the WWE/F .....

I think they should tell the THREE DOZEN protesting students to go fly a kite and keep the old col mascot........

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

5. BigSabanFan

BigSabanFan Founding Member

Hope they did not pay for that

Bruiser Rebel is not that bad but someone should be fired for the second one - rowdy rebel.

Yep our new stuff looks good compared to that.

6. IAM4LSU2

IAM4LSU2 Founding Member

Wow thats garbage. Col Reb is tradition. I really think it sucks for Ole piss that they have to change. I dont think its a problem with the old Col. and I dont think its racist. Its old south, southern pride. What is the world coming to? Oh well I guess thats life. Now the shi#y school gets a shi#y mascot.

7. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Yep, a charicature of a Hulk Hogan with an odd expression, & Mr. Clean. To point out the obvious, how do either apply to
    Basketball & Baseball?

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Once again, political correctness and racial paranoia prevail over the will of the people. Look at the poll results. Over 80% want to stay with the old mascot. Conservatives look at those numbers and say " Gee, shouldn't the majority rule?". Liberals see the poll and say "Look at those numbers. Mississippians are as racist as ever." I only wonder how long Col. Harlan Sander's mug is going to stay on that bucket.

9. NMTiger

NMTiger Founding Member

I agree that they should have stayed with the old mascot. I don't understand what was wrong with the old one. Maybe I will never understand all of this p.c. stuff.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I live in a north Dallas suburb, and one of the high schools near my house is Frisco High School (one of the schools in the fastest growing city in America; Shaq even owns a house--and the Krispy Kreme franchise--in Frisco.) FHS had to change its mascot from the Coons (which, I admit, I wouldn't want for a mascot) to the Racoons after a dozen residents complained.

The Coons had been Frisco's mascot for over 80 years. Political correctness needs to take a hike.