new ole miss mascot...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu nut, Oct 8, 2003.

1. hhstigerdad

hhstigerdad Founding Member

The funniest mascot I've seen...

Is the one for the University of Arkansas Monticello. Are you ready for this?...The Boll Weevils! ROTFLMAO!

http://www.uamont.edu/Athletics/

:lsup: :eek:ldskule:

2. tigerintn

tigerintn Founding Member

3. IAM4LSU2

IAM4LSU2 Founding Member

The Confederate Flag is a symbol of the old south and our roots here in the south. I dont think its a racist symbol at all. People look too much into it and ruin everything for everyone. This world is sue crazy and soon everything will offend someone somewhere. If I were a fan of the Rebels and an Ole Miss backer I really would think twice about going to games etc. The school is making a huge change and tradition for such a small group of annoyed people that probably dont watch sports anyway. Let the Col stay... god damn dont they have other pressing problems to deal with other than hurting a few peoples feelings?

4. tigerintn

tigerintn Founding Member

Well said!

5. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

I still think they should have gone with my idea

This fits the Weebles perfectly.

6. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

BTW, Colonel Reb is not that much of a tradition. He was introduced in 1979.

And whatever they say, the reason they dropped him is it hurts recruiting. There's no political hay to be made here--a better analogy would be night games in Death Valley. We can either refuse to move the games and thus lose TV money & the national exposure that makes us more attractive to recruits, or play at 2:30 and lose some of our tradition.

7. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

remember this picture I posted awhile back....Looks like Ole Miss just lost its sponsor!!! :D :D :D

8. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Another travesty. "Bruiser Rebel" is simply "Col. Rebel" on steroids. Except for a certain 3 dozen people, how can anyone associated with Ole Miss be happy with either of those choices?

Speaking of humorous team mascots, there is a website (I apologize for not remembering the URL) with the mascots of all the Texas high schools. There are some beauties over there: the Itasca Wampus Cats is my favorite.

9. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Speaking (again) of humorous team mascots, up here in Virginia we have the Fluvanna County High School "Flying Flucos."

10. k-diddy

k-diddy Freshman

You know I am really sick of the PI crap in this world. You don't read about ladies name Bonnie protesting St.Bonaventures. Or Lionel Ritchie protesting Vandy. Lets get past all this crap and take it for what its worth. They are college students burning up to death in hot smelly costumes. I bet a large number of those three dozen people who protested are on scholarship at Ole Miss they should have thought about how the mascot offended them before accepting it.

Big up!:lsug: