New Perrilloux article on scout

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by philter, Jan 10, 2005.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Texas sends some talented kids to the NFL, but what QBs have they developed to QB caliber recently?

Les Miles looks to be bringing in some really good coordinators and LSU has sent Rohan Davey to the NFL where he would be good if not behind Brady, and Mauck where he's making some bank for practicing and watching games.

It seems to me, that Texas won't bring out the potential in Ryan. They'll throw him out there in 2 years and say run around, throw it if you can - just try and get us a touchdown.

This recruit won't make or break LSU, but I honestly believe that a QB as talented as RP would be better off atleast signing with somebody other than Texas, whether it's LSU or not.

2. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

As dumb as it sounds, the kids name is Perriloux for Christs sake. Where else can he go that will pronounce his name correctly EVERY time besides LSU! ?

3. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

While there is always the possibility that Perrilloux could win the starting QB position next year, I think it is highly unlikely. If Coach Miles is like most other college coaches, he will use his most exprerienced QB to start the season and unless Russell has his wheels fall off, I don't see Perrilloux stepping up to the plate. The truth of the matter is that it is often not until a QBs sophomore year that he really begins to blossom. Russell's performance in the Capital One Bowl may be an indication that that may be happening with him. Only time will tell.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

USL or Mc neese?

Just kidding, Hope he is a tiger soon. :thumb:

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

In all fairness, LSU isn't exactly a QB factory either. Outside of Tiger nation, using Mauck and Rohan to argue your case would draw laughs.

This is what Dandy Don said about the RP situation:
    I hope Dandy knows what he's talking about.

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

NFL Scouts are VERY high on Davey, actually. After his stint in NFL Europe, other teams are looking at him as a possible starter. Not his fault he's sitting behind a perrenial Super Bowl QB. Also, I think Booty is in the NFL. :shock:

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

DAMIEN JAMES, perhaps? Remember his Hooter's appearance??

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I agree on Rohan being an untapped talent and he will shine if given the chance, but LSU still isn't a mecca for college football QB's. Texas has just as much argument using Simms and Young as we do with Mauck and Rohan. IMO it's just not a good selling point.

BTW, I love the new icons----> :helmet: :crystal:

9. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

LSU isn't known for QB development but neither is Texas. Simms could've been a very good QB but didn't improve much while he was at Texas.

Someone said that Russell will start because coaches don't like to start freshman. This is true, but if Russell performs the way he did throughout the season I don't think there is much of a choice but to try someone else. I think it is very possible that if Ryan P comes to LSU we would have a 2 QB option every game. That is one reason I hope Ryan comes to LSU is he would be someone to fall back on if Russell doesn't perform, rather than just having Flynn to fall back on.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Do you mean Bradie James, because he made a big show of his announcement at Hooters but I don't remember an incident there with Damien?