New RB Coach

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by watson1880, Feb 11, 2020.

1. BP

BP Founding Member

So, when LSU hires a guy like Brady, whom you and everybody else thinks was a homerun higher, it’s because the BOS did the hiring. But when it’s somebody mediocre or whom you’re not real high on, it’s because OnCouldn’t get anybody better. If that’s the case, then we need to replace the BOS

Bengal B and Brian like this.
  2. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

No, it's all BOS, Woodward & the gubnah. Still is. I'm talking main hires not the obvious BBQ buddies. That's just the way it works.

3. BP

BP Founding Member

So, why would they Not hot hire another hot shot up and comer? And, if they are responsible for the higher, then I’ll certainly can’t be blamed.

4. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

No idea. I do know the phones ain't been ringing off the hook for coaches that want to coach under O.

5. BP

BP Founding Member

I could certainly believe that. I mean my gosh, this must be a dead end job. I mean, because no one gets promoted to a better position at another school. They need to just stay far far away.

el005639 and Rolan like this.
  6. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

I'm just saying what's been going on. The silencechas been deafening in the AD dept. Then siddenly Scott Lineham "Huge name", lol is the hot ticket?

Let's bet on him still being here at this time next season.

7. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I would say we got him, but he can't be gotten that clever bastard. /s

8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I think any logical person would say its a coin flip at this point. I don't think there is such as thing as a sure fire hire anywhere ever.

9. BP

BP Founding Member

I admit to ignorance on this subject, but I imagine all, or nealr all, coordinaors at P% programs have agents who make the initial contact. If, I'm an agent, I ain't calling into the AD switchboard. I either have, or can get, O's cell phone number (or the # of those two BOS guys that are the power behnd the throne), and giving them a him/them a call in private to guage interest.

10. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

A coin flip? Are you serious? LSU had potetialy #1 Offensive opening in the country, and Scott Linehan wins the lottery?