New *redesigned* Official Ryan Perrilloux Website

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fightin4LSU, Feb 3, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

AD did have a website when he was still in hich school, I went to it once. Many of these kids have their own site. Like Sander had one as well.

I'm not sure about NCAA rules but I would imagine they would not have any control over him having one with HS hi lites. But he couldn't have any revenue from his site I would guess.

Maybe it is now devoid of all the other stuuf because his marketing campaign is over. :hihi:

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Guys, it's 2005. Having a website isn't exactly a big deal. No need to turn this into a discussion about his confidence and supposed self promotion, blah blah blah.

And his new intro page looks great!

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Lets not beat up on ole Peabody, they guy has been nothing but class around here. He was expressing an opinion from an unbias view..

4. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

I think it's a little obnoxious and arrogant. Granted he's a great high school Qb, and he will probably be a great LSU QB, but he's not yet. For him to be calling himself an LSU QB at this point is ridiculous. Russell and Flynn are LSU QB's. Perilloux will be, but he's not yet. He's still in high school. Being an LSU QB is something that's earned, not by signing a piece of paper. I'm not trying to beat up on the kid, and I'm really excited about him picking LSU. But for a kid still in high school to be giving himself the title of "LSU QB" is ridiculous. He needs to at least take a snap in practice for LSU before he can call himself that.

5. NoLimitMD

Jeez, Bubba. It's semantics. You really think he'll be that much more deserving of calling himself an LSU QB b/c he goes to one practice?

Wow...and to think I thought it was cool that he updated his site...

6. luvmesumlsu

luvmesumlsu Founding Member

I see where you're coming from Peabody--and don't totally disagree with your point, however, Ryan has proven himself well at a high school level and probably feels like he'll do the same at LSU. Man, if I had all this publicity and media hype at 18 I'd probably do the same thing. I would venture to say this kid is dreaming of all the $$$$$$$$$$$$ he'll make in the NFL. Doesn't cost a penny to dream!!!

7. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

Actually I do simply b/c even in practice, there's always the potential for a season or career ending injury, and anyone who puts themself in that position to be an LSU Tiger deserves to be an LSU Tiger. All I'm saying is that a kid who hasn't even finished high school calling himself an LSU QB is pretty ridiculous. If he'd said "LSU QB of the Future" or "Future LSU QB" or something like that, it wouldn't have struck me as quite so arrogant.

Just my opinion. Nothing to get all bent outta shape over.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I agree with Texas. I may not have been here that long but I have never seen Peabody try to flame anyone. I respect the guy and his opinions even if I don't agree with him at times. (And I am an OSU fan!)

9. NoLimitMD

Hey, that's a good point, didn't think of it like that. Definitely would have been a better thing to put on the site. :thumb:

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah but Chris Rix is devoid of talent.