New Regional Projections

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mccoy1000, May 27, 2005.

1. jrltiger

jrltiger Founding Member

You say too much LSU is the best stuff, well what are we supposed to do? Look, it was blatantly obvious how bad we sucked this week, everyone here knows it. But there's still more baseball to be played. Why get down and depressed when we can still win it all? I have joined in and have no problem at all about talking about the game, good or bad, but why dwell on something that's over and done with? Starting in less than a week now, the real season begins, and it's a clean slate. Lane could be the best pitcher in the nation again, and LSU could bring back Geauxrilla Ball. Or we could keep playing the way we have been and go home early. But I don't see any reason to stay negative at this point in time, we have to believe that this team can come through in the clutch. :geauxtige :tigbas:

Boy it's so easy to tell I'm a Cubs fan, losing just doesn't get to me anymore.:dis:

2. mccoy1000

mccoy1000 Founding Member

OMG, lol.....see that is the problem with so many of our fans. You cant see things through purple and gold glasses 100% of the time. We have some serious problems in our program (baseball) right now.

1.) SEC west champs (due to TIEBREAKER). ARE WE REALLY HAPPY ABOUT THIS???? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME RIGHT. WHEN DO WE SETTLE FOR CO-CHAMPS (forget the crappy tiebreaker).

2.) We have now lost 7 straight postseason games played away from home. THat is so beyond not good that I wont comment further on it. (it would be just more smoke bashing).

3.) So now I'm a tulane fan because i post a lot about them...well, you are right, i'm obsessed with them. They are 10' run ruling teams like southern miss (your quoted 15-0 below) and ECU (who will possibly be in BR for regional). They have fan momentum, media momentum, and will have HUGE recruiting momentum (50 wins in 2001, 50 wins in 2005, at least 2 super regional appearances in that span (likely 3), at least one trip to omaha (likely 2). We can say "5 rings" anymore, that was 5 years ago and and I dont see it happening this year, the luster has worn off. We are going to be damaged very badly in recruiting if this is not turned around.

Joe Kid: "hmm I could go to LSU, a team which won 5 rings half a decade ago, or i could go to TULANE for free, play for what may be the best coach in the nation (top 2 or 3 for sure), and for a team who is showing that they are doing it NOW, and beating up the "FLAGSHIP SCHOOL" yearly."

We have major problems people, and I wont hide behind the past. I just cant for the life of me see how some of you can keep saying "ohh that was just a midweek game against tulane/centenary/nicholls, etc" "ohh that was just the FOCKING SEC TOURNAMENT (good lord, are you kidding me", what next "ohh, that was just the regional"

WHen does it end.

As far as mestapey bashing, I'm quite sure he has heard worse and if my comment (esp "messupandpay", lol) hurt his feelings, then he REALLY shouldt be handling the ball for us in the #1 rotation spot. The guy is an athlete and he can take it, but more importantly, he isnt performing to HIS potential (which can be VERY GOOD), and neither are the other 8 guys who should be supporting him with runs.

Bring on more negative points, i think I can get to 3 red dots, it is clear that any negative comments about any of our programs are simply not welcome, weather they are true/false/by homers/by other schools fans/by average joe fan. Ohh, by the way, when we are not playing them, I do root for TUlane and for UL-L, southern, etc.....I'm also glad we put them back on the schedule, and I hope the baseball series continues. How about that.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Wow, quite defensive I see. Also quite BUSTED.

4. LSUGradin99

As for your crude comments about players, please refrain from such things. You should not make disrespectful comments about the players. It is part of the user agreement you agreed to when you created your account on this forum. Other than that, it's plain common sense. Thanks in advance for your understanding of this in all future posts.

5. LSUGradin99

[​IMG]

:thumb:

6. clair

clair Rockets

Listen Jerk! i worked 13 years to go to LSU, so I don't like you little quotation marks before flagship in your post!

I find it way off line and disrespectful to those of us who busted out but to go to the best school in the state!

LSU always has and always will be the flagship school!

Play us in a series... 1 game in every sport

Tulane wins one game... MAYBE and that is baseball

so Flagship that

:geauxtige

7. LSUGradin99

Good eyes on the quotation marks. I added it to my list. :)

Much respect for everything you said in your post young fella. :cool:

8. clair

clair Rockets

Thanks! i appreciate it!

That is one soap box that I could sit on for years! I guess because it sits so close to home

9. mccoy1000

mccoy1000 Founding Member

amazing.

it is like talking to a wall.

10. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

McCoy... you suck... you are such a Tulane homer its unreal... before LSU won its first title, do you think we out recruited Tulane ? No, we did it with Skips plan of big bats, and thats it. You sit here an lecture on how good Tulane is... they fg suck... they are a small ball team and if LSU and Smoke gave two ---- enough to start a real pitcher ie someone other than Nall, Meiers, Dardar, against them, both games would be totally different. LSU willl still pull whatever talent it wants out of La, Tx, Fl, b/c everyone knows that the Program at LSU is one of the BEST in the nation. Go stick your ---- in some green wave... when they finally win a title, then they can claim something. Until then, regardless of how much they out recruit LSU, they will still never be us. You should really think about nuetering yourself, so that you cant spread your Tulane seed around anymore. Tulane small ball will not make it past Supers, and if by chance they get lucky... they will definitley 0/2 in Omaha. Im drunk and if you were in a bar with me, spouting the things you have said on here, YOU would be bruised and bloody, in your alma mater's green and whatever color.... LSU will always be supreme to Tulane in every sport... regardless of what you think... Tulane is a poster child for why we shouldn't let Yankees go to school in the South.