New Regional Projections

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mccoy1000, May 27, 2005.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

see ya scrappy

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

The link for the information referenced in the original post of this thread had all the host sites pegged except for one. The link had Rice listed, but AZ State was picked. All other schools are the same. I am curious if the pairings they projected will be the ones we really get. If so, then LSU will be paired with Tulane.

3. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

No rhyme or reason to the way ESPN set it up. The NCAA lists Tulane last.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

ESPN lists the sites alphabetically. I am anxious to see the selections and pairings tomorrow morning. (10:30 on ESPN.)

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i always have hope for the tigers. even when i shouldnt (like when hallman was coach)--you might define a fan that way. but that doesnt mean you shouldnt be able to discuss the state of things. it seems like the baseball team is underachieving (for several years now).

some of you are too quick to pull the anti-lsu card. almost like some right-wingers pulling the patriot card.

6. jrltiger

jrltiger Founding Member

I might have come off too hard on you, but many people on here have gone past discussing the discussing the state of things to the we suck crapola.

I've said either in this thread or another, that I personally don't think Smoke should have started Lane on Wednesday vs. State. But he did, and calling him an idiot, and Lane a bum now won't change anything.

Like I said, I probably jumped on you without reason, but I want this team to win, and hearing people say they can't just gets under my skin. Will they win? I don't know, but I hope they do. And to me that's being a fan, like you said, having hope for your team even when you probably shouldn't. That's what I'm doing. And sorry again for jumping on ya. :) :geauxtige

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

So, we don't win the CWS and we're under achieving? We won the Western Division of a conference that may get 10 teams into the tournament. We are hosting a regional and, despite the many reasons that a school gets to host, one of the primary ones is that they have a successful year. Had Gill not gotten hurt, our SS position would have gotten a few more wins for Mestepay. Despite key injuries, Smoke has managed to get this team into the same position that Skip did during the 90s. I don't know what you expect from them?

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

it seems like they are underachieving based on the success of the 90's, crappy tournament performances, and losing too often to teams like centenary.

i dont care much about where smoke has gotten the team now, its all about the post season--isnt it?

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

From Allen's Cool Website:

Did you know that LSU won the national championship in baseball five times in the 90's including back to back championships in 96 and 97? Did you know that the LSU Tiger baseballers went to the College World Series pretty much every year in the 90's? Did you know that they were number one in the nation for eleven consecutive weeks in 1997 which is the second longest run in the history of polling? Did you know that the 1997 baseball Tigers hit at least one homerun in every game? Did you know that the 1997 baseball Tigers hit the most home runs in the history of college baseball?

That's a tough standard for any program to measure up to. One of my main problems with some fans is that they don't understand that it's not possible to sustain that type of dominance. It happened. It was a great ride. I'm grateful to have experienced it.

Which is exactly why I can not comprehend all of the gloom and doom before the 1st tournament pitch is thrown?!