New revelations expand LSU’s NCAA issues

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by seabrookcajun, Jun 21, 2019.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I hope you are right

I mean really, some guy (not connected to any of the teams) stole money from the school and gave some of it to a football players dad. Years ago. Nothing too terrible there right?

Exactly why I think they will probably slice our balls off!

furduknfish and GiantDuckFan like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The fact that an LSU player who was on the team as recently as 2016 father makes it something to worry about. Not that anybody on the staff now is implicated but if it happened under Les Miles watch the NCAA can still hold LSU responsible.

Miles ran a program as clean is it's possible to be in today's world but no head coach can possibly know what each of his 85 scholarship players, their families, friends and whatever dubious associates are doing every minute of the day. Even so the Nazi, uh, NCAA can slap a "lack of administrative control" penalty on anybody just on a whim.

watson1880 likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'd love for this to be true. More to the point, I think it is true (payments to Rohan Davey's family years after he left school is one indicator, the fact Alexander's father is classified as an "entrepeneur" is another), but the mere appearance of impropriety involving the football team is all that will likely matter to the Gesta - uh....NCAA.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

We've been working with the ncaa for months to lessen the blow but mostly to show no lack of institutional control which would be the knockout blow. Its up to the gestapo and nothing they do ever makes any sense so no telling. Its unfortunate we have a flake as sec commish however.

5. mctiger

Has it been said exactly how many people were receiving money from this guy? If it was 4-5 and 2 had football connections, that's one thing. If it were 20 and and 2 had football connections, kind of another.

6. tirk

Im sure it was enough to matter but we gotta hope the tracks are covered. This isn't some disconnected rogue guy but we must act like it.

7. mctiger

But what was the intent? Is Funes a "rogue" booster who - with or without the program's blessing - was trying to grease the skids for recruits? Because, if so....Vadal Alexander and not Dylan Moses or Travis Etienne? Clearly he's not Happy from Blue Chips. Or.....is he just a thief who's money laundering channels just happened to include a couple of player's dads?

8. tirk

Lets pretend it was another school and not be naive.

furduknfish and shane0911 like this.
  9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Really? Nootch didn't agree with that thought.
    http://tigerfan.com/threads/latest-...-like-hes-going-down.49654/page-4#post-560806

Not only can they slap LOIC on anybody, they can make it up too.

Brian likes this.
  10. tirk

lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.