New to this board....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Meathead, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

I have always liked this message board software better than paged message boards. It is easier to sort through the crap.

That said, how much traffic does this site get? I know it is the off-season for football, but I would expect this place to still be jumping with lively discussion.

Looking forward to conversing with you all in the future!

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Welcome Meathead!

You're right, this is the slowest time of the year. It's up to our members to post interesting topics. It's amazing how one topic will get this place jumping.

I know you're a long time member of the Lair and I'm glad you're here. There's been way too much negativity regarding these two boards. We all bleed purple and gold and love LSU. Just because someone posts here doesn't mean they shouldn't post on other Tiger boards and vice versa.

I really hope we can all move past this TigerForums vs Lair spat and concentrate on the university we all love. In the grand scheme of things, internet message boards just aren't important enough to create animosity.

Again, welcome and hope to see you around.

3. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

Brett,

I agree that there is no reason for people to bicker over which board is better. It's like talking to people at one tailgate & then moving to another. The topic is still the same, but the perspective is different (and the food may be better!)

I am a longtime member of Tiger Roar and I do pay to be a part of their member section. I like how it scrolls fast, but one thing I don't like is their software. I have used this message board software a lot on other sites & I love it. Very easy & convenient to use...and bettr to navigate topics.

So long as people don't flame me about the Lair, I won't flame them. Golden rule sort of thing. However, if someone gets hellbent & comes at me, I will respond in kind.

I am not here to stir shit at all & I appreciate you providing this forum for all LSU fans.

4. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

Welcome Meathead. I just started posting here a couple of months ago. I read far more than I actually post though. One word of caution..... GeauxTiger doesn't like his graphics used here.

5. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

tigerfanintampa

you are correct sir....

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Good to see you here, Meathead. You'll like this board. I never was on the Lair so I have no dog in that fight.

Wide latitude for discussion is allowed here. But when flamers step over the line, ... it's off to the Smack Board with them.

Say, are you the LSUmeathead who got bashed so badly on the Auburn board last year?

7. EliteLSU1

EliteLSU1 Founding Member

Meathead????

Are you the Meathead that played softball with the Budweiser team here in Baton Rouge?