New ULL Coach Glenn Cyprien - Not all good news for LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by friday, May 4, 2004.

1. friday

friday Founding Member

beware LSU basketball program. glenn cyprien, or "lump" as we called him at jesuit in new orleans is a huge threat to recruiting at LSU. just watch out for this guy. he was the primary recruiter for guys like shawn marion and keon clark while at UNLV. he not only knows how to coach but he really relates to the young kids. let's just call him the antithesis of john brady. ULL has an established program and will take potential LSU recruits to lafayette. believe you me!

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't worry one friggin' bit about U-La-La taking any top recruits from LSU. Never have, never will.

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Did he have anything to do with the payout to Odoms?

4. friday

friday Founding Member

just to remind you - ULL has been to the NCAAs more than LSU in the past few years. I would venture to say that ULL on a couple of occasions was more talented than LSU. LSU may have had the marquee player like swift but top to bottom, ULL had more talent. LSU basketball can't afford to be arrogant like that. btw- I'm just stating the facts, I'm an LSU grad.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

last few years? you mean like this past year?

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Im sure LSU will have to worry about one player per year who can't qualify that goes to USL. Any other player worthy of starting right off won't go to USL otherwise. If they do, so be it. If you're an LSU grad and think this is the worry of the LSU program, you may need to take a step back. LSU has real worries in recruiting....like SEC programs.

7. friday

friday Founding Member

I stand corrected. I was thinking about the teams in the 90's when they beat OU in the big dance. my point was that ULL teams do have talent and will compete with LSU for recruits, esp with cyprien behind the helm.

8. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

ULL has NEVER had a better team than LSU.... and that's the truth!

9. friday

friday Founding Member

no, I never said this was a primary worry of the bb program. we all know that recruits opting for the NBA is the biggest threat to college bb. but, everyone has to deal with that.

my point was that everyone let out a collective sigh when it was announced that butch pierre was not chosen as the new ULL coach. I say it may not be such a blessing (granted we get mitchell) as cyprien will beat out LSU and lure some solid recruits to ULL. let me caveat that and say, as long as brady remains the coach!

10. friday

friday Founding Member

guess you were still in your mother's womb from '94-'99.