New ULL Coach Glenn Cyprien - Not all good news for LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by friday, May 4, 2004.

1. Mis'sippi Tigah

Mis'sippi Tigah South End Zone Bleachers

ULaLa NCAA's and Recruits

Has there EVER been a blue chip recruit that ULaLa outrecruited LSU for?

Ever?

Comparing NCAA births from the Sunbelt to the NCAA births from the SEC is a stretch. ULaLa would never see the light of day over .500 in the SEC. Don't believe that you could say the same about LSU and the Sunbelt.

2. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

LSU would would be hands down favorite to win the Sunbelt every year.....even '94-'99...

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

ULL is not, nor will it ever be, a threat to LSU in any pursuit, academic, athletic or otherwise. in the entire history of ULL they have two accomplishments, one is sucking amazingly bad, and the other is ali landry.

i basically consider ULL a big high school for kids too old for high school.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the real worry was LSU losing Pierre. Now that he is staying, USL is no more than an afterthought.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I was wondering when that would come out.

6. Uncle Gus

Uncle Gus Founding Member

Yeah, I'd pick Lafayette over LSU - not!

You and Lumpy ought to just award yourselves the NCAA Championship right now....

Never thought I'd be standing here on this forum saying this, but you people are more delusional than Tulane fans...

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Actually, he's an LSU grad apparently living in New York. He's obviously been away too long if he thinks Ooh La La can recruit anyone away from LSU if LSU wants them. Hell, Kyle Kipps' Dad coached at USL and the kid wouldn't even go there. USL will always be the red headed stepchild around these parts.

8. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Man...I just wish they would have won the battles for Shawnson Johnson, Jaime Lloreda, Spencer Ford, and JueMichael Young...

Hopefully, he may woo any possible future tigers who look to fill those molds...

9. friday

friday Founding Member

youre astute observation about me is correct, saban fan. and your right, ULL will never compete with LSU on its level! but, you had one slight thing a bit wrong. I was talking about LSU basketball, not football. i uttered not one word about football on this thread. kyle kipps and his dad have nothing to do with this. although ULL plays BASKETBALL in the lowly sunbelt, they have a decent program and reruit talented kids. once again, to everyone for that matter, all I said was that cyprien is an excellent recruiter and will successfully pluck a couple of recruits from under brady's nose. that's it.

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Trust me, Brady's attitude, histrionics, and overall sub par performance as the head of the LSU Basketball Program will do more damage than any ULL coach can do...