New ULL Coach Glenn Cyprien - Not all good news for LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by friday, May 4, 2004.

1. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Skip does not know how to identify a winning coach! Any suggestion may I ask.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

This is not a Bash Brady thread. This is a Bash ULL thread.

That's the point. The "lowly Sunbelt Conference" cannot compete with the SEC for talented recruits. The SBC players won't even sniff the NCAAs unless they win the league tournament which is alway held at Bowling Green, Ky, and, even a casual observer knows that ULL is WKUs b*tch.

3. Big Earl

Big Earl Founding Member

I'd bet money that UL would have beaten LSU last year. As long as LSU has a bum coaching its b-ball program, you should just start looking forward to football. My prediction for next year, Bass leaves, Glen Davis isn't coming, and (PLEASE GOD) Brady is out!!!!

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Every basketball thread is a bash Brady thread until someone turns this nighmare into something you can look at with the lights on without getting sick to the stomach. I also couldn't care less if ULL is WKU's bitch or not what I care about is that we are the entire SEC's bitch under Brady and heading in the wrong direction at break neck speed. :geaux: :lsug: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball:

5. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Didn't LSU play ULL in basketball in 2002 and treated them like a red headed step child?

6. SabanFan

LSU would have beaten ULL at any point during the season, including post Lloreda. ULL players are all about the highlights and while they are attempting alley oops and fancy fast breaks the opponent is out scoring them 3-1.
    You don't think Floyd can coach. You think Brady is a bum. Do we see a pattern here? How do ADs and GMs ever manage without input from all of the geniuses here.

7. friday

friday Founding Member

sabanFan-
    There's a fine line between x's and o's and running a program. brady obviously lacks some of essential people skills needed to run a program. if you fail to see that, you've got blinders on. you don't have to have a ton of talent to win, you just need to have players that buy into your system. brady has failed miserably at that. btw- AD's make hiring mistakes all the time. if they didn't, coaches wouldn't be recycled as often as they are. i.e., curly hallman, mike dubose, etc...

8. SabanFan

Damn. Here we go again. Brady has not failed miserably in my opinion. Of course, I look at the big picture and factor in everything he's had to deal with while coaching at LSU. I have not had real high expectations for the program due mainly to the history and the mess left by Dale and Johnny. Brady has done an excellent job given the circumstances. He's had to deal with some questionable characters but you play the hand you're dealt. IMO the criticism of Brady is unfair and unwarranted. If you want a program on the level of Duke or Kentucky then go pull for Duke or Kentucky. I choose to pull for LSU and for Brady. If you don't agree, I don't care.
    Note: Tiger Educated is going to insert his 500 word 2 cents worth at some point and I'm telling you right now that I am not going to respond.

9. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Dumb post. Brady, with the possible exception of one a year, does not recruit top La. players. Look at this year's class or last years.

10. SabanFan

He recruits them. He just doesn't get them. Like I said: