NEW Upper West Side Question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Eventually they will have to build a new Tiger Stadium but it probably won't happen within the lifetimes of us Baby Boomer fans. Why is it that 70 something year old Tiger Stadium is still good for a lot more seasons while stadiums built in the 60's, 70's and 80's like Three Rivers, Veterans Stadium and the Kingdome became rund down and obsolete and had to be replaced rather than renovated?

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

red55, I've agreed with that from jump street as well...The non-conference schedule is such that there are THOUSANDS of empty seats as it stands now...

There will never be a demand for those tickets, because LSU itself estimates 120,000 people attend LSU on gamedays as is...If we're experiencing empty seats with 91,600 available, that means that 28,400 fans show up KNOWING they're not going to games.

What would make them show up and purchase tickets for a 100,000 seat stadium when they already show up and don't purchase tickets for a 91,600 seat stadium?

Nothing will. The 91,600 # is fine. Until we have hard sellouts for EVERY SINGLE GAME, there is no need for expansion. I don't want to see empty seats, & I KNOW Saban doesn't want the recruits to see them, either.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I am just curious, does Tennessee sell out most of their games? Their capacity is 104 K.

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

First, in case you're trying to infer a point by receiving the answer to this question, the bottom line is that this ain't field of dreams, and this ain't Tennessee...

Having said that, I do believe they sell out a majority of their home games...Their capacity according to Google hits is 104,079, and they averaged (according to the NCAA) 105,038, which is just less than 1,000 more people than official capacity each game.

LSU with a capacity of 91,600, averaged 90,974, which is 626 seats each game on average empty for each and every game for the 2003 season.

So, Tennessee averages 1,000 more people than seats for each game, and we average 626 empty seats for each game, and that's in a season in which Tennessee won 10 games but lost to Georgia and Florida, and also lost their bowl game badly.

LSU wins the national title, and averages 600 now shows per...While we know for a FACT that close to 30,000 more people than seats show up on campus at LSU to tailgate on gamedays...

The stats back me up here...We don't have the demand for the tickets so why create a supply that looks badly not only on us, but in our statistics figures, to recruits on the sidelines, and to our own and opposing fans who show up for the games...

http://www.ncaa.org/stats/football/attendance/2003/2003footballattendance.pdf