New York Times article about computers.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DarkHornet, Dec 4, 2003.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah I was hoping this article was going to project LSU vs. USC in the NYTimes poll....but oh well.....interesting

You did see where they said recent performances are weighed heavier....playing #8 Georgia (in NYTimes poll) is great....I am tellin you....LSU is going to finish 2nd in this poll

I wish they all did like Colley, where he lets you project 5 games to see how his rankings would be affected (on his website), pretty cool stuff.

Sad to say, that damn Colley poll was ours (#2 rank that is) had Georgia passed Texas in his poll. Their scores are .81279 and .81267, respectively. Can you believe that the small margin of difference between Texas and Georgia could cause us major headaches, should Syracuse lose this weekend?......aaahhhhhh!

I didn't get anything out of the Wolfe part of the article....other than maybe USC is more "likely" to beat Oregon State and LSU is not nearly as "likely" to beat Georgia. I hope that's what that meant. Then LSU's victory is worth a lot more than USC's. Too bad he doesn't use home field advantage since USC is playing at home.

3. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

That was what boggled my mind about the Wolfe poll, I had heard about the likeliness aspect, but couldn't figure out how USC was less 'likely' to beat UCLA than LSU was to beat Ole Miss. But, like you said, maybe it had something to do with all the other games that weekend.

4. LSU'syourdaddy

LSU'syourdaddy Founding Member

I hate the NYT

I hate all of the computers, but they might be the ones who put us in the big dance.