New York Times Pulls out of BCS

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Jun 25, 2004.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This was the only poll that had USC #1 and ahead of LSU.

Good riddance. If only this paper could go away entirely....hmmmmm

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

That doesn't hurt my feelings at all!

4. That's the best news I've heard all day. They had no business being in the thing anyway, good riddance.

5. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

After the computations they did last year with their Woolsworth adding machine, they shouldn't even have the privaledge to type the letters "LSU" in their paper. Good riddance!

6. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I hate to say this but that entire newspaper isn't good enough to wipe you're AZZ with, it is the most liberal rag in the US. They should recycle it before it goes to press. :shock: :dis:

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

The SADDEST part is that many years ago, the Times was one of the premier newspapers in the world. They had top flight editors and reporters, and rational and intellectual discourse were contained in its pages.

Their editorial page was second to none.

Now the NY Post seems like a better rag...

..and that's SAD... :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis:

8. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Is this the poll that had Miami of Ohio in their Top 3-4?

9. ramah

ramah Founding Member

BCS coordinator Kevin Weiberg said earlier this week that there were no plans to add another computer poll to the Bowl Championship Series formula for the upcoming season.

Good, this is one more reason an undefeated USC gets snubbed for an Orange Bowl appearance ... no skewed east/west coast dribble can help them get an undeserved chance at NC bid with a weak as piss schedule

The Cupcake gang and Trev look to sail again in 2004 for another Rose Bowl and another AP NC ... :hihi: ... while the real champs take the Crystal again

10. friday

friday Founding Member

The Times being objective now? conflict of interest?

as as native new orleanian transplanted in NYC, I couldn't be happier about that move. the NYT has become one big editorial against bush. their BCS formula is the worst. remember when they had LSU 8th (I think) when most of the other BCS pools had us in the top 3? front page news is supposed to be objective and present facts - not that piece of crap. the only thing the NYT is good for is the magazine and travel section. If I want to read that paper, I go to the internet where it's free. I wouldn't give those bleeding heart liberals a penny of my savings. sorry from the diatribe but just coudn't help it! the Post is the fastest growing paper in the country. there's probably a good reason for that.