Newest ESPN Article

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Feb 22, 2006.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I would never say go in and "steal" a win. To me, that sounds like he is saying they are the better team. Praising your opponent is fine, just be sure to project a positive attitude about it. Miles would never say that we are going to win "some" games this season. He'd say something more along the line of "we want to put ourselves in position to win championships" or "this was a good win for our team, now we must focus on "such and such" and work on the things that we need to improve upon to win that game". A coach should never project a negative attitude or talk about the possibility of not winning. He can say "tough game coming up" or "it will be a challenge". You can acknowledge another teams strengths without projecting a weak stance.

See, now you do have me being overly critical. I don't want to pretend I know what goes through his mind. All I know is what I hear him saying.

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Or trying not to set us up for a let down.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think you're over-analyzing a few lines of what he said in a postgame interview. I seriously doubt Brady projects a loser mentality onto his team, and I'm not one of Brady's biggest supporters. I think when Brady speaks he is more genuine, and I, for one, respect that more than a coach who speaks in circles. Even Saban had at least a partially genuine tone when he spoke, though I think he was much more careful than Brady when addressing the media.

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

This has been my first year to follow basketball closely. I've been listening to his radio shows and reading his comments all year. I noticed this early on, and it just seems to be a common occurrence. You may be right. I may be over-analyzing what he says. So, on that note, I'll just say Geaux Tigers, and good night all.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

He sounds like just about any other coach in the SEC if ya ask me. Very typical and predictable coachspeak.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I just feel like misspeaking every now and then is ok, especially when considering the way Miles speaks. Speaking in public doesn't always work out like you plan it. I haven't followed Brady in the media much this season so you may be onto something, but the feeling I generally get from Brady is confident and humble enough. He was disappointed at the end of last season that we didn't do more in the postseason and publicly noted that in his eyes that was unacceptable. Opposed to Miles' attitude after losses last season, which seemed to be more ho-hum.

Geaux tigers and good night.

7. MeauxJeaux

MeauxJeaux Founding Member

I'd say hell yeah, he's got those boys ready to play!
    :geauxtige

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Help me understand how we won the west last year. Didn't we lose the tiebreaker to Bama?

9. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

The AP gave it to us:dis:

10. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

First of all, congrats to the Tigers on clinching the SEC West, and with a road win in a place where we've had a tough time winning! Great job, and I can't wait to watch the UK game on TV Saturday.

As far as Brady's attitude, I certainly don't know much from afar (living in NC) but he did go on record early in the SEC season with a comment about hoping to get to 10 wins. In a way that might be understandable given that we lost 1 of our only 2 SEC experienced guards after just 3 games, but that comment sure seemed to imply lower expectations. So while I credit Brady for a very good job so far this year (we have to win a couple of NCAA games to complete it though), saltyone has a legit point and it's not just this one quote.