Newest ESPN Article

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Feb 22, 2006.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I'll answer my own question.

The SEC recognizes LSU and Bama as western division co-champs last year. The tiebreaker is only used to determine seeding in the SEC tourney, not to determine a division champion.

That means we have not clinched the west title outright for this year. But we have secured the #1 west seed in the SEC tourney.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

He is saying what everyone knows: that it is extremely difficult to win on the road in this league. Everyone we've played has been extremely tough at their house, and we've managed to win five of the 7 away games that have been played. Pretty significant accomplishment if you ask me... especially since Ole Miss and Auburn probably played their best games of the year when we played them at their houses.

3. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

But of course that can't be because brady is a decent coach... No way
    :hihi: :wink: :yelwink2: :wink: :yelwink2: :wink: :yelwink2: :hihi:

4. col reb

col reb Founding Member

(1) I don't think anyone ever really knows what they would say. If the reporter gives you his questions in advance, allows you the time to think your answers through, write them down, and use you notes as you respond, then that would be different. Have you ever responded to a question and later thought, "Man...I wish I had phrased that differently......Or, I wish I hadn't said that."
    (2) Knowing that he catches the "flac" that he does, he might be trying to get the fans to understand that a conference loss is usually easier to make up in bb than in fb. In bb, you get two shots at a team. A conference loss in fb brings more pressure, especially with no tournement.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Salty, I think you are reading too much into his comments. You come across as someone who is looking for something about Brady to complain about.

6. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

I think the other old timers on here will agree, coaches from the days of Adolph Rupp have used the term "stealing" a road win! Of course back in those days, Kentuck was the only real power in the SEC and didn't "steal" very many! I don't think it is a negative comment at all. Everyone knows that on any given night any team on their home court can beat any other team if those two teams are reasonably close matched, and sometimes even if they're not.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I didn't think he came across that badly. I don't think his comment was half as inflammatory as your comment on his comment. He also said that he has noticed it over the course of the season, which makes it seem less like a trivial quibble and more like a reasonable concern. I think your criticism is often overly harsh.

BTW, I like your avatar. It captures your sentiments pretty well. Is there a story behind it?

8. MCab

MCab Founding Member

That would 'splain all the goal-tending.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i prefer a coach that speaks a bit of his mind to one that only babbles coachspeak (like miles). i think it reflects confidence. regardless of why they are different, i prefer to listen to a coach that has something to say.

brady is not being negative just realistic. you want a negative coach--try holtz. he didnt do too bad anyway.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If you were talking to me, there's no story behind the avatar except I came across it one day and thought it reflected my attitude toward the naysayers.