"News and Notes" from ESPN

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Oct 10, 2002.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

LSU will face Florida the week after the Gators lost to Ole Miss. Is that likely to make it easier or harder for the Tigers? Good question, said coach Nick Saban. "I don't know the answer," Saban said. "I mean I've heard a lot of people say, 'Well, they lost last week, so they're really going to be mad this week and you know you're going to be in for it.'"

LSU's No. 1 ranking in the nation in total defense (202 yards allowed per game) and passing defense (115.6 yards allowed per game), does not impress Saban. The numbers are dazzling to most people, however. The Tigers have not allowed a touchdown by pass in their last 10 quarters and have given up only one in 20 quarters of play this season. LSU has not allowed a touchdown of any kind in the last six quarters and only one over the last eight. "After this game (against Florida), we'll know where we are as a defense," MLB Bradie James said.

DB Travis Daniels, who missed the ULL game with a hamstring injury, practiced in full gear on Oct. 7. "He's not at 100 percent, but we think he may be available for this game," Saban said.