Next celebrity death

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by islstl, Aug 2, 2009.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Along with Home Depot, there are several other stores with $100 "cover charges": Target, Sam's, Hobby Lobby, any clothing store, and the list could go on and on. When I had babies, Babies R Us was definitely on that list, as well. Now, I'm not sure anyone could pay me to walk into that place.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Men will blow $100 bucks at any store that sells stuff like power tools. Women will spend it wherever they go.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I rarely step foot in a mall because I will easily spend $500.

tigerchick46 likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That's sort of like me, except with hookers.

StaceyO likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I hate the mall. Saturday I ordered a Samsung Galaxy 4 from the Best Buy website for $1. I had to go pick it up because they didn't offer shipping on that item. The Best Buy is in a building not inside the Mall of Louisiana. When I got there they couldn't find my order and finally told me that it was at the other Best Buy inside the mall. I had no idea that there was another Best Buy in the mall. The assholes wouldn't transfer it over to that store. They could only offer to cancel the order and let me but it there but the sale was for only Friday and Saturday so I would have had to pay full price for it there. It took me forever to find a parking spot and then I had to walk all over the fucking mall to find the little Best Buy that only sold phones and tablets. The mall was packed. I suppose there are really some people who go to a mall even if nobody is holding a gun to their head.

The guy at the little Best Buy had trouble processing my order on the computer. Finally he said he could cancel my order and resell it to me for the dollar price but I would have to pay the higher sales tax for some reason. This weekend was a state sales tax holiday but the Best Buy website had charged me $5.81 total. The new total was a little over $13. I explained to the guy that even if I had to pay sales tax that the rate was 9% so on a one dollar purchase the tax should have be 9 cents. But NOOOOO! Thats not how it works. Finally I thought I was about ready to leave as soon as they transferred my contacts from my old phone to the new one. A process that usually takes about 5 minutes. When I asked why it was taking so long the guy said it was because I had almost 2000 contacts. NO WAY! Well, it seems that Google in their infinite wisdom had put everybody who had ever called me or emailed me into my contact list. So after the mall ordeal was finally over I had to spend the rest of the day deleting the false contacts from my new phone. Even a lot of my real contacts were in there 2 or 3 times.

I hope I never have to go to a mall again.

6. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

It's such an affliction for me too......I feel like an addict, yes @shane0911 we know you have a similar story. :)

shane0911 likes this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I am too cheap for that. I try not to go into hardware stores because I will take 2 minutes to find what I'm after and then spend an hour walking around just looking at stuff. But I've never been an impulse buyer.

Having said that, I also avoid bookstores because I will buy books on impulse. I mostly get them online now, because I can search for what I'm looking for and not be exposed to all the other books on the shelf.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Amigo, under appreciated housewives are SO much cheaper than hookers . . . and their enthusiasm is genuine.

islstl likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm too cheap to buy hardcover books. I wait for it to come out in paperback. Plus the fact that its easier to hold a paperback while reading in bed.

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Kindles are sweet...shop at Amazon, I have 180+ books at my hand and very easy to read in bed take on the plane etc. Plus the books are cheaper than paperbacks.