Next celebrity death

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by islstl, Aug 2, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Dale and Tark were never ones that kept quiet about the shady dealings of the NCAA either.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

College basketball in the early 90s was so much fun to watch. I think a two year college rule would be perfect today.

It crossed my mind earlier today that it seems like the world is due for a big natural disaster. When I saw this thread still going, figured I would predict that it will be hundreds of celebrities at once from the big one in Cali.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

May Justin Bieber and the Kardashians be among them.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

tark was investigated for 25+ years and won the only settlement against them i imagine, at least at the time, for $2.5 million. tark was a real person who everyone met apparently liked. and he talked to whomever whenever and was always within reach.

also, when indiana was hiring a coach back in the 70s, tark was apparently friends with john wooden whom indiana's AD called asking who they should hire. he told them tark but he never considered it. i think he was at Long Beach St at the time. ended up at fresno after the ncaa debacle.

i had forgotten how great college basketball can be. now its just a 2 week interest for most. no 4th year timmy duncans playing in this one, though.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

This one stings.....Leonard Nimoy, dead at 83. He lived long and prospered.

fanatic and LSUDad like this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"Smokers, please understand. If you quit after you're diagnosed with lung damage it's too late. Grandpa says learn my lesson. Quit now. LLAP."
    -Leonard Nimoy

LSUDad likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not long enough. Vulcans lived well past 100

LSUDad likes this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I have to wonder if Nimoy was a Rush fan. Sunday, he took to Twitter for the last time, saying, 'A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

The last line of the last song from Rush's last album, Clockwork Angels is "The future disappears into memory, with only a moment between, forever dwells in that moment; hope is what remains to be seen." And the name of that song? The Garden

CajunlostinCali and LSUDad like this.
  9. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

LSUDad likes this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Funerals can be different with celebrities. Both family and friends are sometimes concerned with media and paparazzi following the well-known guests and it can overshadow the funeral itself. That's why so many celebrity funerals are very private. They can't get a break from the press anyway. When Belushi died, Ackroyd came to his funeral on a chopper and followed the hearse to the grave on it and the press gave him shit for disrespect.

Recently Neil Aspinall passed away from cancer. He had been the President of Apple Records and had worked for the Beatles since the beginning, first as a roadie and later road manager. Neither Paul nor Ringo attended the funeral because they did not want their presence to upstage the solemnity of the funeral. Yoko showed and she was publicly pissed that Paul and Ringo were not there. But each of them had spent personal time with Neil in the days before his death and McCartney quietly picked up his large medical bills.

kluke, mctiger and LSUDad like this.