Next celebrity death

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by islstl, Aug 2, 2009.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Back to Yogi, 5 seasons where he hit more homeruns than he had strikeouts. I don't know if you people understand how freaking good that is.

GiantDuckFan and Winston1 like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Anybody remember Kelly Tripuka, the guy who played basketball for Notre Dame for what seemed like 10 years before going on to a so-so NBA career? I heard an interview with him the other night. His Dad Frank who was the Denver Bronco's first quarterback was good friends with Yogi Berra. The Berras and the Tripukas lived close to each other and the whole families were close and Kelly and his brothers hung out with the Berra kids.

Later and after retiring Kelly became Yogi's friend and pretty much drove him everywhere despite the 2 men's over 30 year age difference. One day Kelly was driving Yogi to a golf course neither had ever been to before and since it was pre GPS days he had gotten written directions to the course. Exit right, go 5 miles, turn left, ect. When he turned on one of the last roads the directions showed a fork in the road. Kelly told Yogi they were coming to a fork and what should he do. Yogi said "Take it."

Knowing the story of the yogism just made it all that more delicious to hear Yogi use it in another conversation.

lsu99 and shane0911 like this.
  3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Now I don't know about this. I've been eating redfish for a long time. I do however think he and his blackened plate of goodness had a lot to do with the ridiculous limits that were placed on catching them.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I never considered them to be a trash fish. I've been eating redfish all my life but it wasn't very heavily commercially fished until Prudhomme started the blackening fad. A lot of boats from Florida would come to Louisiana waters and use huge purse seines to catch whole schools of redfish at a time. That's why the reduction in limits. You used to be able to catch 5o speckled trout and redfish in the aggregate. And now the fish have to be at least 16 inches to be keepers. I use to catch a lot of 13 and 14 inch rat reds that were very tasty fried.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Cajun cooking also became synonymous with too much cayenne pepper because of him. His take on cajun was awful and inspired a generation of awful chefs bastardizing cajun cuisine.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I bought a couple of bottles of his seasonings back when. Cajun Magic, Chicken Magic, ect. They weren't all that great.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I ate at his restaurant several times, and I would say that he didn't overly season things. However, that's what many who copied him would do. Blackening meant burning something with too much seasoning on it. But not at his restaurant, in my opinion.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I thought Dom deluise died awhile back.