Next celebrity death

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by islstl, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I thought you said you have never smoked dope.

When the music is as good as the Eagles you don't need a performance. Probably the main reason Prince got addicted to pain killers was from the injuries he sustained from things like jumping from the top of an amp while wearing high heels.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yeah. Bowie was strange in that lady gag-me way. It's distracting. Prince wore some weird shit at times and did some very strange shit on stage but the music was for real. I expect his sister will be a money-whore and begin releasing some of his previously un-released hundreds of songs very soon.

Solid on the axe. I also give him kudos for taking the record industry pimps to task. His steadfastness in maintaining control over HIS music was admirable.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I don't think I have ever typed that statement. However, it doesn't preclude me from seeing the music for what it is/was. Do I need to have taken LSD to know that it inspired Hendrix or Joplin?

I don't know. If I want just good music, I'll go to a small club but when you play a huge venue and pay a boatload for a ticket, entertainment value can't be underrated. For instance, I saw Genesis in concert and the music arrangements were tight but the show was boring as hell. Conversely, ZZ Top in the same venue was good music but their stage show was the bomb! Money well spent. I still laugh when I reminisce. And I agree with you, Prince's injuries were likely a combo of the Cuban heels and all the crazy dancing, jumping, squatting he did on stage.

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

That is so. What he also did was draw a whorehouse like, every show ever. I never cared entirely for his music, but I have been to 3 shows. Dude could swoon a many women folk in quick order. Every "the slutiest slut ever" was at every show, so I was never opposed to taking advantage of a target rich environment. 2 of the 3 shows were the cheapest dates ever and I will always be grateful to prince for just that.

Bengal B, StaceyO and tirk like this.
  5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I didn't know this, but Prince put out a song in 2013 called Breakfast can wait and used this for the artwork cover:

[​IMG]

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Problem is that you're very unlikely to see a big time band like the Eagles in a small club. I was lucky enough to see both Stevie Ray Vaughn and The Fabulous Thunderbirds a number of times before they hit the big time.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Lol, true. I kind of understand and then I don't. He's all of 5'2" so that doesn't do much for me but he exuded sexuality. And clearly, he had his pick of some very beautiful women in his life.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

His sister Tyka on the other hand, may not have drawn an equal amount of male suitors to her concerts.
    [​IMG]

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Her eyebrows look like a Vulcan or Romulan

fanatic likes this.
  10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Prince 'was diagnosed with AIDS six months before he died and refused treatment because he believed God would heal him'
    By Chris Pleasance For Dailymail.com