Next celebrity death

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by islstl, Aug 2, 2009.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

That sucks

2. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Gust Avrakotos in Charlie Wilson's war was my fav, Sandy Lyle, even Scotty J from Boogie Nights.....this guy was talented, don't do heroine kids.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Sad day for me as he was one of my favorite actors.

The guy was genius.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Addiction is terrible, dude had 50 bags of Heroin in his place.

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Back in the day late night TV was only the Carson show, and everyone watched it. Truman Capote was a regular for a while and if you saw him you couldn't forget him. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was perfect as Capote. I thought I had gone back in time. Whatever character he played, you always wanted to watch. Sad loss. Fucking heroin.

6. mobius481

After reflecting for a day I've realized there's two ways I see stuff like this. The first way is to feel surprised and saddened for the person's family. This is how I felt about Paul Walker, Michael Clarke Duncan etc. It's terrible to die young. The second is another level. Of course it's surprise and sadness for the family but when certain people die, you realize that they have contributions to the world that will now go unrealized. I think Phillip Seymour Hoffman was one of the best if not the best acting talent of our generation. He brought another level to every character he played and even with the wide range of genres he was in, I was never disappointed in a performance. He was an incredible artist and we will miss out on a lot of his contributions. The only other person that fell into this category for me was Steve Jobs for the same reasons but in a different field.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

And they say that states can't find the drugs needed to execute heinous criminals on death row. How much heroin do the cops confiscate in Louisiana each year? Send that shit to Angola and inject an overdose into those sentenced to death. It's a last bonus from Bobby Jindal that you get to rush to death instead of just falling asleep.

kluke and uscvball like this.
  8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

It sucks that PSH died, but they reportedly found 8 empty heroin bags and a needle in his arm. Kinda sounds like he knew what he was doing.

9. mobius481

I've never understood this either. How the hell is it hard to find drugs that can kill people. He was out before he could pull the needle out of his arm. Seems quick and efficient to me.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If he knew what he was doing he wouldn't have OD'd. But that is the problem with narcotics . . . they fog your judgment. And heroin is so pleasant that before you even start to come down, you start thinking about taking some more. And that is what kills them.