Next Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Jan 14, 2014.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

We will be ranked no lower than 13th to start the season, but after losing a 3k QB 2-1k Receivers and a 1k running back.

8-4 is about what I am predicting, plenty of talent on offense and defense, but unproven receivers and Magee as the most experienced back with a true Sophomore or redshirt QB starting.

The saving grace is i believe the defense will be lights out better next season.

discuss........

2. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I predict one loss. Defense will be better, and I think Cam Cameron will go with one of our pro-style QBs to start. Freshman RBs have never been a problem for LSU (Hilliard, Ware both made impacts right away) and Fournette is awesome.

Alabama has to replace a 3-year starter at QB. Auburn lost Tre Mason. TAMU will be lousy without Johnny Football. I think the West is up for grabs.

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I think we will be back to our usual dominating defense, so it really depends on whether or not the offense comes together. This will be the first time Cam will have a new, inexperienced QB, so I have no idea how to gauge that. I think if the offense comes together, we could win 11 games, if not: 9-3.

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I kind of look at most other teams, returning QB's in the SEC? Not many that did well. Hill sat out a year an didn't do bad on his return to the field. WR's yep, two of the best in the same year. But I like what's returning, an what's coming in. The OL with the returning players, an who played during the season, along with a new an better OL coach. Plus the return of Cam. How can you not like? Magee and Hilliard retuning at RB, major plus.

On the other side of the ball, like I said, teams got their shot at Chief last year. The rules have changed. The defense was really starting to come together last year, I like what we have returning.

Special teams should be fine.

4 ten win seasons in a row, never been done before at LSU. One of the more stable programs. Many of the SEC teams having coaching overhauls, an more internal problems.

Many people have been projecting a 4,5 or 6 loss season for the last number of years, I'll go with the odds.

Look at all the players lost and to still win 10 games with a new OC, changes on the OL with a bad line coach. The number of good players lost on the D side of the ball.

5. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

A look at the schedule - if I didn't bold it, I find it unworthy of comment:

2014 LSU Football Schedule
    Aug. 30 vs. Wisconsin, Houston, Texas - tough team, bruising running game/ball-control style. Les' record in non-conference (ex bowl games) is incredible.

Sept. 6 Sam Houston State, Baton Rouge
    Sept. 13 Louisiana-Monroe, Baton Rouge
    Sept. 20 Mississippi State, Baton Rouge
    Sept. 27 New Mexico State, Baton Rouge

Oct. 4 at Auburn, Auburn, Ala. - Gus seems to have figured out how to gash opponents for yards, Oregon-style. Should be a great game.
    Oct. 11 at Florida, Gainesville, Fla. - UF is a mess right now

Oct. 18 Kentucky, Baton Rouge
    Oct. 25 Ole Miss, Baton Rouge - trap, always play us tough.
    Nov. 1 Open

Nov. 8 Alabama, Baton Rouge - AJ tough to replace, he was very steady
    Nov. 15 at Arkansas, Little Rock or Fayetteville, Ark. - expect an improved team, or a team with nothing to lose. Danger.

Nov. 22 Open
    Nov. 27 at Texas A&M, College Station, Texas - what is this team without Johnny? Who knows?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

hate the schedule next year, but it sets up well for a new QB and new receivers.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

What's to hate? Lets see, we've started against Udub, Oregon, NC, TCU, etc the past few years, an how many have we lost? uga for ky? Must be me.

8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

All this makes a ton of sense to me. I say 2 losses, though. Just going off the top of my head: LSU under Miles seems to lose, on avg., 2-3/year. I'll go with 2.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Aub and the gumps will be tough outs. Not saying LSU will lose either but they will be grind it out games. As long as they don't shit the bed like they did in the ole piss debacle and damn near did to the piggies it could/should be a nice season. Damn, how long do we have to wait?

LSUDad likes this.
  10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Here's how I see it.

The defense will be very good. The secondary will be great. We will win games with defense and by running the ball...aka LSU football.

On offense, we don't need another Zach Mettenberger. We don't need a QB to throw for 3K yards. We need someone who can hand the ball off and make plays without turning the ball over. Let our stable of RBs and defense win the game for us.

I do think that Cam Cameron will spice it up a little from the gameplans of old (pre-Cam), but we'll be just fine......as long as we don't have another Jordan Jefferson back there (which I highly doubt).

Of the WRs, someone will emerge. It could be Dural, it could be Dupre (if he comes to LSU), but someone will emerge.

All that being said, basically, the entire SEC is "resetting". So, it's up to LSU to realize this and establish themselves as the dominant force in the SECW.

I am optimistic because I firmly believe that our coaching staff, from top to bottom, is superior to most.

I will say 10-2.