Next Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Agreed, especially early on. I think that, as the season wears on and the QB (whomever he may be) becomes more established, we'll start to throw it more. But, the game plans will be pretty vanilla the first few games, and many tiger fans will bitch about it even if we don't have a loss.

This is true, but you also can't hide your QB in the SEC. We'll need him to make some plays early on, but won't put the game in his hands. It doesn't matter how dominant your run game is (if you run a pro-style offense); if you can't keep defenses honest, your output will be minimal.

Oh, but we do. Didn't you hear all of the expert analysis after the Outback Bowl? We're doomed for 3 more years of mediocrity at QB because the black QB struggled in his first start.:rolleyes:

I agree. I don't remember there ever being so much turnover at skill positions among the usual front-runners in the conference. There is no clear-cut favorite in the SEC at this point. Most people will say Auburn, but they are losing Mason, and will most likely have to deal with the hangover effect as well as expectations. bama fans seem to think that they will see no drop-off in QB production, even though they have no idea who will be taking snaps in the fall. Chalk that one up to delusion. I can't stand AJ, but he's been the most productive QB in their history, and they're also breaking in a new OC who was, at best, a very questionable hire. aTm is a huge question mark. With Sumlin's system, they're sure to score a lot of points. But, unless they make huge upgrades across the board on defense, they are sure to struggle. Considering they lost 4 games this year with Johnny, they've got their work cutout for them to get back to that point next year.

TigerTap likes this.
  2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I didn't necessarily mean that we will be "hiding" our QB, but he certainly won't likely throw for 3K yards either. Efficient and smart. That's what we need. I think every QB that we have on our roster is smart and can be efficient. Of course, CCC is going to take a few shots down field.....that's just how he rolls.

If Bama gets this Coker guy (transfer from FSU), he could be exactly what they need. He graduated this year and has a couple of years of eligibility and can start right away. Some say he's better than Jameis......IDK. We'll see how good he is against our suffocating secondary.

TigerTap likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Don't kid yourself @Cajun Sensation , every attempt to "hide" the QB will be made. Probably right past the point where it is futile to keep trying and then it will be done for at least 2 more games. ;)

Kal-El012 and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah, I've heard all about him, but I'm not convinced as he's yet to prove anything on the field. Any way you slice it, he's inexperienced. The sheer probability of FSU having two guys on their roster who could perform as well as Winston in his first year as a starter is next to none.

5. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I don't see Ole Miss as a trap game like it was this year after Florida (who hadn't manifested their collapse yet) since we will be playing them after Kentucky and it is at home. That being said, Ole Miss is not a bad team and will have more experience for their great class last year so it will be a good game.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Au contraire, mon frère
    we definitely need a QB who can sling it. You think wr recruits want to come and watch the team run the ball all game?
    Teams will stack the box and then what?

Kal-El012 and shane0911 like this.
  7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

If we finish 10-2 and somehow win the tiebreaker in the West en route to winning the SEC, is that enough to guarantee a spot in the four team playoff? What if the Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12, and ACC champs all have one loss or less with teams that sling it around more "appear" to be better due to their weekly conference opponents.

I think we'll be fine at QB given the strong running game, influence from Cameron, and having four talented QBs (all highly recruited) to pick from. Three out of the four will have over a year to work in Cam's system.

I think 10-2 is realistic but 11-1 possible due to the transition of other SEC programs/QBs.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Bro, teams can stack the box all they want. CCC will have something for they ass and LF will too.

9. shane0911

It will depend on what that "committee" has to say. I'd say there is probably enough of a public outcry to keep the SEC out for a while that 2 losses won't get any of us in. Could be wrong, but judging by the dialogue from people in different parts of the country that I travel to this would be my opinion.

10. shane0911

Brought to you by the that NCG that we will no longer mention.

Yeah uh huh. 7,8,9 vs 5 or 6 wins every time.