Next Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Jan 14, 2014.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You might be right.

I'm just not one that steps out on that limb. Especially when the kid we're talking about is still at Florida State, ya know?

There's ample reason to believe he ends up in Tuscaloosa. With comments published from people around the Florida State program he seems like a kid that has the ability to play well.

It's my suspicion, and it's purely a guess, we see somewhat of a repeat of 2011 in the first few games—more than one QB playing until one emerges as the starter.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Just as a side note to this thread:

There is a proposal running around the NCAA right now to kill the rule that allows graduates to transfer in situations like this. It's something to keep an eye out on...

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

It's funny that Coker is being handed the starting job (by fans) while he's still enrolled at another school. Yes, I realize that he's supposedly uber-talented, but we heard the same things about Jeff Driskel. There is no guarantee that he'll do well in game situations, and I think bama fans' expectations are entirely too unrealistic for him. Throw in Kiffin, and this has the makings of a disaster scenario.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Jesus, I hope you're right.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. Contained Chaos

It just seems like they assume he'll be the second coming of Winston, Newton, or Manziel, which is ridiculous.

6. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I'm going to say that we go 10-2.......but with GOOD QB play it could be even better than that and be in the national picture once again. Our schedule finaly favors us more than it has in a while. Think about it in the west most teams will be breaking in a new qb except Miss state, auburn, ole miss......Auburn will be the favorite next year, but no tey mason will make a big difference, LSU really matches up well with their type of offense, bama breaking in a new QB, and we get them at home. Miss state dak prescott will give people fits, but they dont quite have enough talent around him yet to beat the higher profile teams, Ole miss will be very good, but we have them at home......really like our schedule.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Sounds to me as if the conf as a whole is taking a downward dip. That could hurt us in the eyes of the panel. Hope Wisconsin has a great season after losing the opener

LSUDad likes this.
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

On the other hand, the year we have experienced QB's around the conference and some of the best offensive numbers ever seen, the SEC losses the NC game.

9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I believe we are only going to see undefeated and 1 loss teams in the 4 team playoff.

Its going to be interesting to see if scheduling cupcakes for OOC games is going to help or hurt. If it hurts, LSU will be feeling the effects for the next three seasons.

Further, I agree with a lot of what Contained Chaos and Cajun Sensation are posting. But for me, seeing some of what goes on th field frustrates me. Is wanting to see a solid team in three aspects of the game all that bad?

10. Contained Chaos

Wisconsin is a cupcake?

TigerTap likes this.