Next Years Offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Apr 18, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I look at what Cam did last year, to have a 3rd down conversion of over 57% tells you he knows what to call and when to call it. Cam knows what play will work at what time. A OC knows what play he can call and the odds to get a first down. Cam left the Ravens, they finished last year 8-8, Flacco threw for 19TD's but threw 22 Ints. an they thought Cam was the problem?

gyver, ParadiseiNC and b_leblanc like this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

On the Ravens, they went out an got a OC along the lines of a Cam, they got Gary Kubiak. Kubiak's son Kline was a WR at Rice last year, so at times I'd see him around. He and Les Frazier (Former Head Coach with the Vikings now the DC at Tampa Bay) was at the Spring game two years ago, both had sons playing there. A little more on this...

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Kubiak-Frazier-give-Rice-twin-connections-to-NFL-3819508.php

Kubiak's roommate at A&M when he was in college is the PGC/QBC at Rice.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Some have been asking about the usage of the RB's and TE's in this offense with Cam, Les said not much would change. Oh we'll see a 22 and 23 Groupings, but will still make usage of all packages. Cam may use the 22 grouping, having two TE's and Two RB's with one WR. Or a 23 with two RB's and Three TE"s. Cam will use whats need in a game as to what weakness is on the other side, he did the same thing last year. Mett just did an overkill, making a read on the safety and then making a choice as to OBJ or Landry. Like I said before, many times the TE's and Backs were open, just that Mett wanted that home run ball. Oh, I can see us using a double-tight end formation, to balance up a defense, but at the same time sending a WR vertical.

What was found by the NFL teams and scouts, OBJ and Landry had great knowledge of the NFL route tree. OBJ will be reunited with another former Tiger at NY Giants, Ruben Randel. Can you see teams trying to defend Randel, OBJ and Victor Cruz? Eli is going to have a better year, last year he had 27 Ints, a league high. Most teams have two good corners, when you start looking for a third, thats when you have problems. Thats the reason you see team draft the CB's early and often.

On the Personnel Packages, this will give you a little more info....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1698299-breaking-down-nfl-offensive-personnel-groupings

[​IMG]

MLUTiger likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Former LSU, New England Patriots RB Kevin Faulk talks Leonard Fournette breaking his record, Carencro High and more at the Pro Football Combine Camp at Nicholls on Friday.
    Print
    [​IMG] By Julie Boudwin, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
    Email the author
    on July 20, 2014 at 3:00 PM, updated July 20, 2014 at 6:47 PM

[​IMG]
    Former New England Patriots and LSU running back Kevin Faulk clearly knows a thing or two about football.

Faulk, LSU's all-time leading rusher is now an assistant coach at his former high school Carencro after a 13-year NFL career with the Patriots where he helped capture three Super Bowl rings, was a counselor at the seventh annual Pro Football Combine Camp at Nicholls State University Friday and despite the constant rain, Faulk was able to pass along some of his football knowledge to about 250 campers who participated.

"It means a whole lot. The kids is one of the reasons why I came back home. To get them more involved, get them the notoriety, get them out there, build their confidence level up in what they doing so they can try to move forward," he said.

Faulk's LSU career rushing record of 4,557 yards has held up for over 15 seasons, but with LSU freshman running back phenom Leonard Fournette taking the field for the Tigers this season, Faulk said he may not have that record for much longer.

[​IMG]Former LSU standout Patriots RB no. 33 Kevin Faulk gets past Saints no. 37 Safety Steve Gleason in the first quarter during a preseason game between the Saints and the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA Thursday, August 18, 2005.SUSAN POAG
    "Not for long, (the record) is not going to be there for long. How times are now, kids leaving to go to the NFL, multiple running backs in a system you never know what can happen. But if there's any person that can do it, he is the guy," Faulk said. "I wish him the best of luck. I hope he does it because every record is made to be broken. It's just a challenge for another kid that's coming up as a competitor to reach that record. So, I hope he does and good luck doing it."

Faulk added that the way Fournette presents himself in person and also on social media, which is something Faulk didn't have to deal with at the start of his career, is a testament to how he was raised.

"It starts with him and I think he's handling it well. The little bit I know about his social media presence; he doesn't get out of hand. He knows who he is, he knows who he is as a football player as well as a young man and when you know who you are as a young man everything else just falls down to your waist side and it shows with him. And now all he has to do is just go on the football field and play football and not worry about all that other stuff."

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I know every year we hear, this maybe the best line ever at LSU, this year looks to be the year. I see Fla St. returning 4 of the 5, an starting on their Ol this year will be 5 Srs. OL Coach Rick Trickett never played the position, but is one of the best in the business. He played Strong Safety in college.

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

How much should we expect Fournette to physically mature over the next three years? Will Moffitt make him even more of an athletic freak or is he pretty close to his ceiling now?

LSUDad likes this.
  7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

doubt he is close to his physical ceiling as HS grad. he will get bigger, and hopefully even faster.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You don't get a true sense of a person's size when they're in football pads. I saw LF up close at the HS state track meet his junior year, and I did not think a person could have thighs that big. He is freakishly fast for a guy his size.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Kevin Mawae talking on 104.5....

http://www.1045espn.com/upload/KevinMawae07-23-14.mp3

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Corbett Award Winners Announced by Allstate Sugar Bowl

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Leonard Fournette, from St. Augustine High School, and Christina Hamilton, from UL-Lafayette, have been selected as the 2013-14 winners of the James J. Corbett Award presented by the Allstate Sugar Bowl. The Corbett Awards are presented annually to the top male and female amateur athletes in the state of Louisiana. They are selected by the Greater New Orleans Sports Awards Committee, a group of current and former media members who select the Greater New Orleans Sports Hall of Fame, as well as annual award winners in a variety of categories, including the Corbett Awards and the Eddie Robinson Award.

This year's Corbett winners will be recognized along with 27 other individuals and three teams at the Greater New Orleans Sports Hall of Fame Banquet on Saturday, Aug. 2, at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

Corbett Award - MaleLeonard Fournette (Football, St. Augustine HS) - A four-year starting running back at St. Augustine, Fournette was regarded as the No. 1 high school player in the nation for the 2013 season. He was named the USA Today National Offensive Player of the Year as well as being selected as a member of the All-USA First Team and the prestigious Parade All-America First Team. The first player in Louisiana history to twice be named the state's Gatorade Player of the Year, he finished his high school career with 7,619 rushing yards and 88 rushing touchdowns, including 1,792 yards and 16 touchdowns as a senior. Fournette, who led his team to a 9-2 record and an appearance in the Division I semifinal game as a senior, was also listed as the No. 1 overall prospect in the nation by ESPN.com and Scout.com and was named the 2013 Mr. Football by the Louisiana Sports Writers Association.