Next Years Offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Apr 18, 2014.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We could have put in Tom Brady or Peyton Manning and we might have crossed the fifty a like sooner.

2. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

It doesn't matter which quarterback starts LF and the O-Line will be their best friend. If we can't get it done up front it will be a long season for who ever is playing QB.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The OL will be a major strength this year, the addition of Grimes will more than help. You will have a few back-ups that could start for most colleges. The depth at TE is another, returning all and adding a few.

gyver likes this.
  4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Regarding TEs, there is a lot of much-deserved hype about DeSean Smith, but I really like Dillon Gordon. He can move really well for such a big dude, and showed some good hands last year. I remember he had one catch against bama that was underthrown and probably should have been picked. He just reached back and snatched it right out of the DB's grasp and kept running. I'd really like to see him get involved more in the offense. I imagine he could flatten a few guys in the open field

TigerTap, gyver and LSUDad like this.
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

With Stokes and Dickson the only Sr TE's, Gordon has another year being a Jr. I too like what I see out of DeSean, hard to cover, teams will have to keep an eye on him this year, he'll get you needed yards. Gordon out of John Curtis, not known for passing, he fit in well, will have a great shot in the NFL.

6. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

No one gets it when I'm being facetious.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

George............

More............

Better....

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

LSU with Cam calling the shots last year, led the nation in 3rd down conversions, 57.1%. Like I say, its knowing what play to call at what time of the game. Certain formations of the offensive side of the ball, gives you what they are doing on the defensive side of the ball. Cam has seen it all, same with Chief. I like what we have on the OL and what we have coaching that line.

The first game will be a ton of run, followed by more run's. When a team has 6 of the starting front 7 gone from last year (Wiscy), what would you do? Plus the starting FS.

gyver likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The threads on this board are indicative of how LSU nation feels about either side of the ball. LSU defense thread has 2 pages in a month, the offense one has 6 in a few days. We know the defense is going to be legit, big fat "?" Next to the offense.

Kal-El012 and LSUDad like this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Gonna be fun to watch.