Next Years Offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Apr 18, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yessir it will.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

ESPN talking LSU OL

2. OT La'el Collins, Sr., LSU: The Tigers had nine players drafted last month, more than any team in college football, but it could’ve easily have been 10 had Collins opted to leave school early. He was projected to go as high as the second round. Instead, he will return for his senior season, try to improve his draft stock and anchor LSU’s offensive line.

9. OG Vadal Alexander, OG, LSU: If going against Collins at left tackle weren't intimidating enough, imagine seeing the 6-foot-6, 342-pound Alexander lining up right next to him on every play. The two of them can open a hole big enough for a truck to run through, and it should be plenty big enough for five-star freshmanLeonard Fournette.

gyver likes this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Keenan Lewis talking about Malachi...

With Malachi officially at LSU, is it safe to safe you are a Tiger fan?
    Definitely a Tiger fan. I been working with him for about three or four years now and one day, I promise you, this guy -- I don't know if he'll be sitting in this locker room, but he'll be sitting in some NFL locker room as the No. 1 receiver and all the media's gonna be around him. That'll tell you a little something about his game.

cajdav1, Winston1 and didit like this.
  4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

So excited to see so many new faces get their chance on offense, I truely love cfb! Which of the inexperienced players step up and become stars, which freshmen make a big splash? We had several new faces step up bigtime in 2003, anyone remember all of them?

LSUDad likes this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

C'mon coach, nothing at all fun about 32 Dive

Kal-El012 and LSUDad like this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Gonna see a little more than that this year, book it.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yep, been hearing that every off season for as long as I can remember. I will believe it when I see it.

Go check the recruiting forum, got a nice little nugget for you there ;)

LSUDad likes this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, saw that one. I like..........

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Guess someone was talking about Mett throwing 3,000 yds last year with two WR over 1,000 each and a RB with over 1,000?

Yep, saw that one. I like..........

TigerTap and shane0911 like this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Newly named Duck Commander Bowl holds annual youth clinic, draws a crowd

Jun. 14, 2014 |

[​IMG]

LSU quarterback Brandon Harris talks at the Duck Commander Independence Bowl Youth Football Clinic. / Stan Carpenter/The Times
    Written by
    Matt Vines
    Shreveport Times

SHREVEPORT — Not many kids can say they’ve caught a pass from an LSU quarterback.

But for some of the nearly 400 boys and girls at the Duck Commander Independence Bowl Youth Football Clinic, they can now brag to friends and family.

LSU quarterback Brandon Harris, a Parkway High product, and teammate Leonard Fournette were among the team of volunteer college coaches at the three-hour free clinic Saturday morning at Independence Stadium.

Harris and Fournette started the event by motivating campers.

“There are a lot of college coaches here, and they watch players from a very young age,” Harris said to the campers. “I wasn’t very athletic[​IMG] when I was in the seventh grade ... but you have to work hard and make good grades.

“I can see an athletic dude and he can be the best player, but if he didn’t make good grades, he’s not going to college.”

Harris was nationally ranked as high as the No. 2 dual threat quarterback in the Class of 2014, and the true freshman is expected to challenge sophomore quarterback Anthony Jennings to be LSU’s starter this coming season.

Harris picked at Fournette for receiving offers from LSU and Alabama during Fournette’s freshman season of high school while Harris’ offers didn’t start flowing in until around his junior season.

Fournette, ranked the top player overall in 2014 as a running back out of St. Augustine in New Orleans, said Harris influenced him to choose LSU.

“It was one of the hardest choices I’ve ever had to make,” Fournette said about choosing between LSU and Alabama. “(Harris) kept bugging me to go to LSU ... and I made a great choice to go to a great school.

“Just remember to keep God first and say your prayers every night.”

The campers were boys and girls ranging from ages 5-13, and they were more than happy to shout out their ages when Fournette asked.

“I’m six-and-a-half,” said one girl.

“Wow, my feet[​IMG] are bigger than you,” Fournette replied.

College coaches from around the area — including LSU, ULM, Grambling, Mississippi Valley State, Louisiana College and East Texas Baptist — assisted in various drills.

A smattering of LSU and I-Bowl shirts could be seen in the camper crowd, but more common were patterns like camouflage, middle school shirts like Caddo Middle Magnet and Calvary, and Batman apparel. Harris’ career completion percentage didn’t increase with Saturday’s camp — even Fournette dropped a pass while demonstrating a sideline route.

It’s unclear if any campers flashed skills that caught the eye of college coaches, but the smiles flashed on the I-Bowl turf demonstrated the impact of the LSU players, volunteer coaches and bowl staff.

TigerTap likes this.