Next Year's Offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by b L e S e U r, Jan 25, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

It's not like we didn't have a great receiving corps this past season so I don't think you'll see what you think you'll see. These guys will have a lot of work to do to be as good as last seasons group.

2. RiverRidgeTiger

RiverRidgeTiger Founding Member

Addai over Vincent...LOL

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I love Addai....but Vincent just could be a Heisman hopeful for LSU. He starts every year he stays at LSU...

4. CA Tiger

CA Tiger Freshman

I think Broussard is being overlooked somewhat. This guy is an awesome power back. He'll get his touches as a nice change up to Vincent. Not enough balls to go around because I really like B. Edwards too.

5. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

we have too much firepower!!!!!!

I bet we see 4 WR looks a lot next year, maybe 5 if the o line can protect. the bubble screen will be like student body left for the Tigers. I am so excited.....lets just recruit defense the next year...

6. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Hell, it's more like Vincent, Broussard, Edwards, Addai, and Carrey.

7. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

I hate to rain on some of your parades, but do you guys really expect Doucet and Carter, not also to mention, Hill, Bowe, and Davis to come in and be instantly as good as Henderson and Clayton both were? Both of those guys were very experienced and top notched WRs in their own rights. I know everyone is hyping our WR core to the max, but damn, how much more can you improve over the talent level we had already at the position last season? I wouldn't expect to be that much better at the WR positions in the next few years than we were already last season, but I would expect to be at the same level or slightly better. The big thing will be to develop our QBs so they can get them the ball on a more consistent basis. That will be the difference between LSU being a good offensive team, like last year's team, or, hopefully, a great offensive team. No disrespect meant to Mauck or Randall, but last season we were only a QB away from being a great offensive team.

8. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Can't make a statement like that without disrespect to the players whom you named. I'm no Mauck fan (everyone here knows that), but his veteran leadership did a lot more for this years team than his arm, his legs, or his brain. That is what is not immediately replaceable with either Randall, Russell, or Flynn.

As far as your question about the impact of the incoming WRs, here's my spin...

Green grew up a whole lot this season. Rumors were that Amp Hill was pushing for a starting role before the season began. Bowe and Davis got significant PT this year. With the talent that developed on the field, along with the talent yet to play a down, this is what is known as reloading.

I agree with you about your statement that Devery and Clayton will be missed. Senior leadership and playmaking from Devery, along with all the intangibles (including leadership by example) that Clayton brought to the team, those things will be deeply missed. Can the younger guys step up, only time will tell. If Green, Bowe and Davis continue to develop, and Doucet and Carter buy into the system (assumes Hill has already bought in), and Hill produces as it was rumored, this WR should not miss a beat.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

QB--Russell, Randall, Flynn
    RB--Vincent, Broussard, Addai, Carey, Edwards
    WR--Hill, Bowe, Davis, *Xavier Carter
    Slot--Green, Doucet, *Xavier Carter
    TE--Jones, Robinson
    FB--Steltz, Jordan
    OL
    C-Ben Wilkerson
    OT-Nate Livings
    OT-Andrew Whitworth
    OG-Terrell McGill
    OG-Niswanger

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

And if Terrell can block half as well as he can dance, the OL is in really great shape...