Next Year's Offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by b L e S e U r, Jan 25, 2004.

1. yellowex

yellowex Founding Member

vincent is the go to guy for the nexy 2 or 3 years. i dont think that the other runners have his potential or will ever be able to be as good as him

2. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Vincent is the man until our QB & WR hook up.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Whitworth and Wilkerson will keep their positions. Niswanger will start at guard, I think, along with McGill. Livings will replace Reed at tackle.

Vincent will start at RB backed up by Addai. Broussard will go in for power running situations. Carey will be a 3rd-down back. Edwards will have to be versatile. We rarely go a season without injuries at running back. Edwards will have to step up to replace any losses at RB. Depth at RB is essential in a tough league like the SEC.

The same can be said for QB. We need all three quarterbacks to be capable of playing in the SEC. We may need them.

I think we will rotate so many fresh receivers into the game that starting will not be essential to getting playing time.

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Interesting thoughts on RB red. I see us continuing to use Addai as the 3rd down back because he blocks so well. I also see him as one of two primary backups to Vincent (the other being Alley), depending on the down and distance. Saban likes fresh legs at RB and will almost always sub out Vincent after a long run (20+ yards).

Edwards will definitely have to step up in the event of an injury. Shy will continue to be used depending on down and distance, although he will see decreased PT mostly because of his size, Vincent's ability, and the depth at the position. Remember that Spadoni is coming back, too.

WRs won't be an issue. We have so many that fresh legs won't be a problem. Unless one ore more of these guys really elevate their game, you should see a bunch of these guys on the field all the time.

QBs will be critical. Spring practice will decide a lot going into fall camp. I agree that any of the 3 need to be able to step in and play at any time. Can't wait for those spring practice reports.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I really believe the WR's who block the best will end up starting and getting the most PT since they all seem to have exceptional talent, that is one thing that all of our receivers did exceptionally well last season. That and being able to recognize coverages and running the correct routes will be key. The running back situation is going to be the second most exciting competition in the spring and early fall. JV should be the starter based on what he has already accomplished however I think it may end up being almost a dead heat between the others. Don't count out Edwards too easily as he is supposed to be the best all- around talent of the 3 sophs and he will be in there battling for playing time at least. It will be interesting.

6. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

What kind of recruiting prospect was Vincent?

7. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

As in, how high was he ranked, if at all?

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Vincent was a five-star HS All-American and the key recruit in the class of 2002.

LSU 2002 recruiting class by Rivals

He was the number-three all purpose back and in the national top-50 players.

Justin Vincent

9. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

Predictions 2005...for everybody...We'll see who knows the most after the season ends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Which running back will have the most yards this year? Addai

2. The most touchdowns? Broussard

3. Who will be the leading reciever in yards? Bowe

4. Touchdowns? Doucet

5. Who will have the most tackles on Defense? Landry

6. Sacks? Pittman (K.)

7. Interceptions? JaMarcus....(j/k)....Sammy Jo

8. Final Record and other predictions? Undefeated, beating USC in Cal for Champ'shp :crystal:

9. Other comments? We will beat Tennessee 38 - 17. It will not rain in Tiger Stadium this year. Miles will piss himself when he runs out the first time. I will hump a Vanderbilt sorority girl. I will not impregnate her. :thumb:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

copy, paste, and reply with ur answers.

10. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

when we play vanderbilt...star running backs get hurt.

watch out