Next Year's Offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by b L e S e U r, Jan 25, 2004.

1. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

prediction: Xavier Carter becomes a household name by SCORCHING Arizona state.

I also predict that in the next two years, more LSu players will be drafted than any of the past 5 years.

2. TomE

TomE Founding Member

We will have to see alot fullback formations. If you are goin to run the ball,which LSU will Run ALOT, you have to have a fullback. Running without a fullback is not as very productive. And with the PROVEN tallent at running back LSU will run alot. Why would fullback be limited if any thing maybe tight end but i think we will run much of the same offense as last year just more passing but just as much use of a fullback. It would be stupid not to. Mark my words Fullback will be a key possition for LSU offense.

3. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Hester is probably the most athletic full back in the country (probably should be playing middle linebacker) and Steltz (sp?) pound for pound is the strongest tiger on the team. We will be just fine at fullback.

I predict there will be at least one thread this season where a poster is frustrated with the offense Jimbo is running. The offensive game plan can and will change every week (to take advantage of what the defense is going to give them). Someone will post "why isn’t Jimbo throwing the deep ball more?", "why is Jimbo not using our OL strength to pound the ball up the middle?" "Why aren’t we using the TE more?"

Just a ton of talent and should prove to be a helluva season to watch.

Just my $.02

4. TomE

TomE Founding Member

Great post. Im glad to see that we have people who understand that Fullback is a needed position. I think we will see Hester alot out of the back field, but steltz will make a name for himself as well (like Tommy Banks). For anyone thats going to get frustrated at Jimbo i promise he knows what hes doing. He is not a Head Coaching candidate for nothing.

5. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

I think we will have more of a "attack" this year...

last year, just seemed like we we trying to "move the ball"

This year I want to see the LSU football team EXPLODE and show the country what they can really do.

6. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

If everything comes together we should have a very powerfull and exciting offense this year, but as they say they must do it on the field and not on paper....... :)
    BTW people will complain about something no matter what happens, but I am very happy Jimbo is still at LSU and I'm sure MOST people will like what he
    does with this offense this year. :lsup: