Next years return man

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rwilliams, Feb 8, 2011.

1. bluemoon22

bluemoon22 Freshman

In my opinion, Shepard is easily the biggest threat to return kicks. But as was pointed, his hands is the reason he won't get to return kicks. I also agree about Randle. I don't think he's that much of an open field threat. I consider him more of a deep threat in the passing game.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Claiborne, Gore or Magee...

3. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Terrance Magee

why NOT?

4. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

Brooks seems like a good fit

5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

He's mainly who I'm thinking of in this regard. It would be nice to see Claiborne get a shot too though.

6. agsoldier

agsoldier Veteran Member

I was going to say let ford try a few.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

damn I forgot about Ron Brooks.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Randle will be the punt return guy. Book it. He filled in for PP last year and was incredible, and you won't find better hands.

Shep on kickoffs with another yet to be determined.

ETA: I only see two punt returns for RR in 2010, for 5 ypr. However, I'm pretty certain he nearly took one to the house against UNC when PP was out with cramps. Did I dream this? Or did it get called back? I know I didn't dream it, because I remember thinking maybe it has more to do with UNCs chitty special teams, since PP had already ripped a couple on 'em.

ETA again: Brooks broke off a long kickoff return when PP was out. Must be what I was thinking of. I still think Randle is the PR guy due to his hands. He's more elusive than CJ was.

9. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Rueben is definitely an open field threat. You can't always base return ability on high school, but he was Bastrop's #1 PR guy his sophomore and junior years and had a ridiculous return avg. along with about 10 taken to the house in a two year timeframe. CNS was recruiting him to be a WR and PR. He's fast but not overwhelmingly fast, but he was very good at setting up his blocks and following them. That was always what set him apart from D-Lo when they shared the field.

I'm just not sure the coaches will take too many chances putting a number one guy in the line of fire that often. It worked with PP7 but that's not normal for LSU. Skylar Green was very important but was he ever the #1 WR? I can't recall. I expect we'll see Rueben early, with the hopes of someone like Shep or Gore taking over in the long run. I always thought that was the purpose of recruiting Gore anyway.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You were not dreaming, I saw that as well just don't remember the game. I also remember Ron Brooks 2 seasons ago stiff arming Joe Haden's face in the dirt. I like Ron Brooks as the kick returner, and RR as the punt returner. I would like to see what Karon Boone can do. check out 3 minutes 15 seconds into this video. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBWjE9AsZyg]YouTube - KADRON BOONE 2009[/ame]