Next year's Running Backs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WahooLSU, Jan 11, 2002.

1. WahooLSU

WahooLSU Freshman

This might sound crazy, but as good as Toe is, I think Shyrone Carey might give him a serious run for the starting job. The way Nick talked about Carey's skills last year after he signed leads me to believe he really sees something special in him. Does anyone know for sure if he will be eligible to play next year? It will really be a logjam at running back with Toe, Davis, Carey, Henderson, Addai, possibly Gilbert, and the new recruits. What a great problem to have!

2. WahooLSU

WahooLSU Freshman

Yea, I could see Devery in the slot. I think it's a great idea to convert a running back because they are used to dragging people for those extra yards. Problem is WR is pretty jammed too. Clayton, Myers, Hunt, Robinson should be back, Brazell is supposed to be the fastest thing on two wheels, Lewis (new recruit). Another great problem!

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I never realized until recently the Reed, Eric Martin, AND Wendell Davis were all converted RB's. Seems like there might be a trend here. Isn't Carey kind of a small guy? Like 5'9" and 190 or something like that?

4. MemphisTigerFan

MemphisTigerFan Freshman

What a great problem to have, but....

We have a problem on this team that every coach in the SEC would love to have, but who do you see taking up the void left by Rohan Davey. Is there a clear front runner at the QB position. I havent heard much on this since I live in the Memphis area, so any light you can shed on this is worth gold to me. I have herad great things as well as witnessed them on TV in the SECCG about Mr. Mauck, but is he a good enough passer to get the ball to these great receivers on a consistant basis. I thought that Clausen was going to be the next big thing in this area. I have heard that he is truly a good QB, and can get the ball to the receivers. If he is not the man then why isn't he and who is.

I have to do a lot of research to try to keep up with the Tigers up here. I check out Dany Don everyday. Is there any other websites that you all like to look at.

5. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Re: What a great problem to have, but....

Dandy Don is as good as it gets for recruiting.

For fan discussion, there is this board right here and also Bayou Bengals

There used to be a publication called Tiger Rag, but I'm not sure if it's around anymore.

You can subscribe to Purple and Gold ($50 per year). It is a weekly that covers all LSU sports (225) 926-6300

Welcome to the board!

6. BBF Admin

BBF Admin Guest

Guys, as elusive as Carey has shown he can be, he is not nor will not ever be an every down back. I know he is listed at 5' 9", but if he is a centimeter taller than 5'5" then i am 7' tall.

If Toefield is not ready at the beginning of the season, Davis and Addai will get the reps. Henderson could get some too, but I expect that he will be moved to receiver.

Carey could be a very dangerous weapon in third down situations, and as a returner, but I just think he is too small to be an evey down back.

7. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

Hey, who's Gilbert?

8. philter

philter Founding Member

time-bomb alert.

9. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

No longer on team.

Ryan Gilbert, from Texas.

We tried to turn him into a DB.

10. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

Think he's the starter for U of H now. Good game last game anyways.

So who else is led by former Tigers at the skill positions?

B. Edwards - RB - North Carolina
    Gilbert - RB - U of H
    Ricard - QB - Tulane

Isn't there a RB that transferred to Oregon?