Next Years Ticket Prices

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Mar 28, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

I know this has been discussed a numder of times but what do you think the ticket prices will be next year. We have been lucky to have such cheap tickets for so long. I came across the ticket prices for the Texas Longhorns next year. They pay an arm and a leg for tickets.

Aug. 30 New Mexico St. $40
    Sept. 13 Arkansas $55
    Sept. 27 Tulane $40
    Oct. 4 Kansas St. $55
    Oct. 11 Oklahoma $75
    Nov. 1 Nebraska $55
    Nov. 15 Texas Tech $55

Look at this $40 for the pasty games and $55 dollars for the big games and then they have Oklahoma at $75 bucks. I know we need to raise ticket prices to raise more money and I am for it but dear god don't let them go to those prices like Texas has.

2. Hub

Hub Founding Member

what 's funny about Texas' ticket prices is the "what if" factor of if one of the "cheap or expensive price" teams becomes good/ bad. It could backfire on them.

Although I was against the TAF plan I am for raising ticket prices based on seating. I sit on the 40 and there is no reason for someone in the nosebleed or endzone to pay the samething I do. For the example i cited above with Texas, I wouldn't change the ticket price by game but by seat location.

My 2 cents ($ seat per game):

Between the 20's: $60
    Goalline to 20's: $55
    Corners: $45
    Upper Deck (Low): $45
    Endzone: $40
    Upper Deck (Mid/Top): $36

3. Ticket prices are not going up for this season. Per LSU, when the surcharge push was stopped, no changes were going in for this season; they would find other ways to raise money and implement for next (2004) season. Also, when I renewed mine earlier this week, they were the same price as last year.

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Got ahead of myself. the structure I'm talking about is for '04.

5. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

That sound about right. Give LSU time to work out all the details before they make any changes.