Next

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Mar 13, 2015.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I didn't say he would. What I said was worth a gamble if he was, but there were more pressing needs in the 3rd.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i thought that tulane qb that we've shuffled the roster for the last 3 years was our next savior.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They even carried him on the roster after the Rams tried to claim him off the practice squad.

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Yes.

Teams that draft for need typically don't do very well. Drafting BPA is how the Saints got Cooks, Deuce, Will Smith, etc. If you rally think that Grayson can/will be Brees' replacment, then a 3rd round pick is a bargain.

Also, this tam has no holes. Granted, there are areas I would like to see upgraded or improved, but there are no holes. The biggest weakness was by far the pass rush and that was addressed with multiple picks in this draft.

5. TwistedTiger

No holes? NO HOLES?!!!! The Saints LB Corp was a grand Canyon last season. CB and DL weren't a whole lot better, but OMG the LB's!

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Grayson may turn out to be great but its likely that by the time Brees retires he will be a free agent. I would rather they drafted a CB or a tight end who could help right away.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. MLUTiger

Well, no they wren't. You're overreacting as usual. Regardlss, that's not what I said. I stated that there were no holes. Before the draft, the Saints had starter-quality players at LBer in Parys Haralson, Dannell Ellerbe, David Hawthorne and Junior Galette. Depth was added by way of Anthony Spencer, Ramon Humber, Ronald Powell, etc. There were no holes.

Now, could the position stand to be upgraded? Of course and they drafted two very good prospects that expect to contribute immediately. You're confusing "holes" with "weakness".

Like the better teams in the NFL, the Saints don't draft according to need. PJ Williams is expected to help right away, though. TE was weak in this draft and outside of Maxx Williams, there wasn't anyone worth drafting when the Saints picked better than Josh Hill and Ben Watson. The Saints won a Superbowl with Shockey and Dave Thomas. Hill and Watson are both better pass catchers than those two.

8. TwistedTiger

We'll in that case, the Saints had 53 players on their roster so "no holes" so why draft anyone? The Saints had the worst LB corp in the NFL last season, that equals a "hole" that needs filling. It was a "hole" that opposing teams had a field day running through in 2014. Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis agreed and drafted players to plug that "hole". You're confused as usual.

9. MLUTiger

You don't read very well, do you? Third time: the position could use upgrading.

Not even close. Detroit, Jacksonville, Indy and Atlanta had worse. Tampa did as well. The Saints' struggles on defense are tied to poor performance, not talent. The same group the year previous was one of the NFL's best performing.

No, I just have an outstanding grasp of comprehending the English language. It allows me to form educated opinions when I read things like this article.

If you have been following the Saints for any amount of time, you'd know this.

10. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

The saints LBs were getting older and injuries exposed us, we hit a wall last year with injuries on the defense. I don't expect a huge uptick, it would be a great surprise though, rookies and ellerbee coming in. And if the DBs, specifically the safeties stay healthy, we should see a pretty good Defense.