Next

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Mar 13, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

They should have traded Stills and a 2nd round pick for Jarvis. Get that possession receiver Brees needs.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Right, I guess they're going after defensive players, depth on the o-line, and WR in the draft. As it stands, Cooks is the only deep threat we have and I'm sure he'll be constantly double teamed. Colston is the only other proven WR and he's inconsistent at best. He may catch 2 TDs in one game, then disappear for 3. Who else is left to catch the ball? Toon? Maybe we can develop Josh Hill into the next Graham. They have similar attributes.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'll take that up with the Easter Bunny when I see him in a couple of weeks.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

easter bunny was cut reduced to jingling a bell at walmart.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Good move. Clears another $7 million of cap space.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

The Saints received a 3rd round pick and Lofton's likely replacement for Stills who was a 5th round pick. The Saints right now will have a starting duo of Colston and Cooks at receiver which is better than half the NFL. Still was a good, young talent but the Saints need draft picks to improve the team at much less cost. It's also being rumored that Stills was one of the young guys on the team who wasn't displaying the kind of professionalism that Payton wants to see.

Regardless, it's a good trade even without throwing in Ellerbe. The draft is very deep in receivers this year and the team supposedly feels good about Seantavious Jones and Brandon Coleman.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

to think draft picks can come in a replace stills and graham is fool's gold. cooks showed little ability to get open deep (that was stills) and colston has one more year in black and gold.

saints' passing game can make most anyone look good but they better bring in some proven talent to lead this unfamiliar group.

ParadiseiNC and fanatic like this.
  8. fanatic

Completely agree. Even if Cooks is expected to be the deep threat, he will be double teamed because there's no one else that can hurt an opposing D. Colston showed flashes at times last year, but disappeared in multiple games as well.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Colston had a poor season. I'm hoping for a rebound. I think he fought injury for most of the year, but he's not going to make a public spectacle of it in natural Colston-fashion. Meachem will probably return, although he's not the speedster he once was. He's still pretty fast, though. I do hope they double-team Cooks a lot though, because that's going to open things up for everyone else. The Saints have never had an elite group of receivers. Brees takes a group of blue-collar guys and throws them open.

I think people will be shocked by Graham's numbers this year...

fanatic likes this.
  10. fanatic

Yep. Anyone expecting Graham to put up numbers in Seattle that he did in NOLA are in for a surprise. Seattle is a run first, grind it out team with Lynch. He'll definitely show flashes, but Russell Wilson is not Drew Brees.